Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 40 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congrats, but I doubt anyone could do it without nerves of steel like yours :D
But on the other side, you've got a nicely overclocked processor aswell.
I believe everything, except the movie speed :drool:. Even though my cpu is a lot weaker, most fmv's that go slow, will go slow on each cpu.
If it's true, than it's nice to know that the FF12 fmv's do work normal, even if we need a high end cpu.
You actually just encouraged me to try playing again. Thanx for the nice guide, I think I'll be using it.

·
Space Monster
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
First of all congrats for finishing this game on PCSX2 v0.9.2. I had a feeling it could be done altho it wouldn't be a straight forward process. ;)

OMG 230 FPS maximum hehe, quite nice. Personally I don't like FF12 much at all altho I'm a RPG fan and like the other FF games and all. It's just the battle system doesn't fall into my liking, I prefer the traditional turn based type better. :eyemove:

Well at least those other FF12 fans trying to play it in PCSX2 can get great help here now. :thumb:
First of all thanks, It was a difficult stage due to many problems regarding it. What I like in Emulators is the save and the load state. It makes easier to finish it and start a game just where you had left before go to work or to school. Well for me as long as the consoles do not have save and load state will not be for me. They should do something similar and add that feature to consoles. Well I doubt that will even happen any time soon.

I finished the game in January. I really liked it. I'm completely the opposite to your like about the battle system, because for me the best game ever produced was Chrono Trigger and that battle system was undiscussed the best ever made, but that is just what I think. I like the previous Final Fantasy's but not much due to excessive random battles. Final Fantasy VI was the record breaker with just 1 seconds of break till get another random battle. Final Fantasy 7 was kind boring due to random battles. It takes a great amount of my time to battle randomly. I like the clever way of getting experience points to gain levels. So random battles for me is not a good thing due mostly to the loading time to get in the battle and to get out after you win it. Well I love Final fantasy and I know is boring having random battles but the game overall is fantastic.

I have many save states at special moments like when I was fighting Hell-Wivern and many others and I know many of the bugs and how to pass all of them. As I said it is playable as long as anyone does what I told to do so.

I just want to help people to get in the end of this game and this is all about this thread.

How did you get the movie's fps so high : ( I can barely get 30,40 fps in movies. And the sound is crappy, with skzzzzzzzzzettttt noize >_< unhearable
I hope people will understand that it is not that simple because I'm an overclocker, Programmer, Designer and a Gamer since 5 years old.. So I make many out of this world tweaks inside my hardware. Well combining independently clocking and windows fixes I got there. The sound here is clean.

Congrats, but I doubt anyone could do it without nerves of steel like yours :D
But on the other side, you've got a nicely overclocked processor aswell.
I believe everything, except the movie speed :drool:. Even though my cpu is a lot weaker, most fmv's that go slow, will go slow on each cpu.
If it's true, than it's nice to know that the FF12 fmv's do work normal, even if we need a high end cpu.
You actually just encouraged me to try playing again. Thanx for the nice guide, I think I'll be using it.
I really appreciated your feedback. I look forward to seeing you posting here again and tell me I got in the end. If you need and extra help PM me or you may post here too. I will be here to help the Final fantasy lovers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i cant play the game!
in the begginin i cant see no characters just the map and the floor
i have a e6300 and 8800gts 320mb! im using driver 162! the normal plugins! and the dvd plugin! i never tried isos!
what should i do?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am at the part just getting ashe, i am lettign it run on gambits in the ship with alarm on so i can level a few times lol. Gotta love the gambit system :), so far i get an average speed of 45-55fps, sometimes higher, but generally never lower.

·
Space Monster
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
i cant play the game!
in the begginin i cant see no characters just the map and the floor
i have a e6300 and 8800gts 320mb! im using driver 162! the normal plugins! and the dvd plugin! i never tried isos!
what should i do?
I recommend you to make the configuration that I gave when I started the thread just take a look on these 2 screenshots Graphics Plugin

DVD Plugin

I also use DVD's instead of ISO's, make sure only PCSX2 is running.

I hope this helps.

I gotta try FFXII then :D Thx for Your effort mate ;)
Well try it out and see if it is worth playing on a PC.

I am at the part just getting ashe, i am lettign it run on gambits in the ship with alarm on so i can level a few times lol. Gotta love the gambit system :), so far i get an average speed of 45-55fps, sometimes higher, but generally never lower.

These are nice speeds. I hope you get far enough to enjoy it as I did. If you need some help with the storyline or items ask me.:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, I'm now playing the FF12 international and wanna share some experience.
my PC spec: Intel Core2 6300 1.86Ghz, 2GB ram, GeForce 7900 GS
So it's slower than Metroid's and... I have to turn off the bilinear filtering and AA and the framerate keeps around 30~40 FPS normally (with both on the framerate drops to 11).
The L1 acceleration is a great feature to speed up the character moving and encounter, but it won't save your ass from the heavily particle formed enemies. The 2nd boss in the waterway did its best job to drop my framerate and I'm unable to avoid it since it always teleports itself to leader and the lame special whole-area attack simply drop the framerate to 2 fps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
(The progress right now is before Miriam)
I'm quite neutral to the original version and Zodiac job version. As everyone would expert a job system will divide the party into fighter, ranger, wizard and healer. Physical class can learn HP+ and STR+ earlier than magic class. The game strongly discourage different members on the same job. Doing so will result the insufficiency of MN (deathblow) block (each job 4 MN blocks shared by the characters with same job.)

Another thing is the Guest characters are much useful this time. You can gain control on them, set their gambit. Making them work like a true party members rather than an uncontrollable AI. (I know some 122333 player of original hates Larsa for using potion on their critical gunners. But I love him so much this time for his Shear move, it's unfairly powerful!)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I have not much problem for playing FF12 in 0.9.2. I just expect it will go more smoothly in 0.9.3. Filter glitch and freezing event scene are much a grief... But I will still play it in PCSX2 since my PS2 has already broken down.

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
Well, there is 0.9.3 version for windows - i found one on some torrent site <torrent contains 2 exe files - tlb and vm version - plugins and rest of pcsx2 stuff copy from ur 0.9.2>. PCSX2 team didn't compile it, so don't look for support here if something doesn't work wth it. Although some games like FF XII works better with 0.9.3 win but not every single one will run good <like FF X-2 in my case - problems with loading from memcard - crash>.

Note: savestates from 0.9.2 won't work with 0.9.3
Note 2: savegames from 0.9.2 work with 0.9.3, also in reverse.

Another thing that may come in handy:
When u encounter shadow enemies or whatever that slows u as hell, try vu-skipping. I just reach first boss the firemame or something <the horse made of fire> and his bushfire attack slows me to 2.9 fps. When i use vu-skip it jumps like 12.5-85fps and IS A LOT faster.

And last thing: the invisible dialogs when u can't move ur analog to see them <or it doesn't work> try the trick with savestates like in the fish game <11th point of guide>. It also works with movies when sound is crap and there r no dialogs under them.

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts
Hmm thats odd. In European PAL version (sles 54354) menus r OK with 0.9.3 win. You have to swallow it or play with 0.9.2 or get other version of game. Try turning off AA & AF in nV/Ati panel, and different settings of GS plugin. Try 256 color trick. Sorry i can't help you more with it. Like i said there is no support for 0.9.3 win, so you have to handle it on your own.

Note: use VM version with FF XII - in TLB characters are invisible and sometimes tons of graphical glitches appear on the monitor lol

21 - 40 of 346 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.