Next Generation Emulation banner
341 - 346 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Working perfectly.

Im playing FF12 on my computer (You can see the specs in my sig), I have a very fast processor so that probably helps alot. But with roughly 3,4GHz+ you should be able to emulate my results. I use one of the latest alpha versions (Currently r2670).

EE/IOP: Standard settings except clamping mode at full.

VUs: Same as EE/IOP, the bottom setting in the same row.

GS: Constant skipping activated 2 frames to draw 2 frames to skip. Otherwise standard settings.

Speed Hacks: EE Cycle Rate at 1, VU cycle settings at 1, Enable INTC spin detection, Enable BIFC0 Spin Detection, Enable mVU Flag Hack.

I run with 1024x1024 resolution and hardware DX10 in the GSDx. Otherwise standard settings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I´v tried FFXII for 5 hours on tree different versions now, the 0.9.6, the r1888 and r2661 and I have to say that it runs best on the r2661 with Cerunnirs settings so far.
Gonna try the r2670 now, will reply with results.
Edit: The r2670 release caused my game to freeze whenever Fran healed me so I´m gonna stick to the r2661 for now. Unbelievable stable alpha release I must say, can´t wait for the beta.. but I have I guess to =)

AMD Phenom II 940 BE @ 3,4GHz
ATI Radeon 3870 HD
OCZ DDR2 PC8500 Reaper HPC 2x2048MB

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for your tips, guys. I'm very glad that I can play FFXII too, though my PC is definitely slower. I wanted to ask you what do you think about the recent alphas? As for today we have r3068, I'm testing the new versions rather frequently, but I don't see much of a difference in performance.

Config as Cerunnir apart from clamping mode - I have it on default. Fran's got no problems healing as for now ;D Can I ask you why do you change clamping mode and VUs to Full mode?

I'd welcome a few FPS more, should you have any hints, please shoot :]

AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+
GF8600 FT 512 DDR2
Kingmax 2x1GB DDR2 RAM

sfx plugin: SPU2-X (trying to adjust 'the best' default mode via changing latency, though sometimes I hear clicks disturbing the sound)

gfx: newest GSDx, DX9 (WinXP here)

Cheers,

341 - 346 of 346 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.