Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.usamimi.info/~ff10fc/
http://www.siliconera.com.nyud.net:8090/2005/10/20/final-fantasy-x-for-the-nes/

The first link leads to the japanese site which I unfortunately can't read.

This has got to be the most complicated NES hack to date. A group of Japanese rom hackers recreated Final Fantasy X using the Final Fantasy 2j rom as a base. All of the graphics have been scaled down to 2D, but they still look impressive with the NES limited pallette. Cutscenes in the game have been reworked, not eliminated. For instance the underwater scene between Yuna and Tidus still exists. The battle system has been recreated too. Limit breaks were added along with button presses for Auron’s Bushido attacks. The magic system has been reworked from the ground up to include more spells as seen in FFX.

That would already be impressive as it is, but now imagine this. The entire sphere grid and the Blitzball mini game are also in the rom. It really is a 2D version of Final Fantasy X!
Screenshots:

More screenshots here.

Hopefully it will be translated to English as well, the only trouble would be fitting the letters, because there's already an official translation on PS2 :)

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Are you sure it's not a fake? Editing images is easier than hacking a ROM :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr. Killjoy said:
Are you sure it's not a fake? Editing images is easier than hacking a ROM :p
Why don't you take your time translating the site to make sure? :p

We can always hope it's true :D

And have you seen the GTA for NES? www.grandtheftendo.com
I think it's possible :)

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Also, for the record, the people doing CT intended to sell it.

Besides, am I the only one to notice that the imposed names are in a much higher res than the other Japanese in the picture. That and they spelled the names wrong.

Ill test the rom and report back though.

EDIT: Okay... its legit.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
hmm, auron, lulu, wakka, kimari, yuna, etc, they all seem to be fine...who the hell is that ティーダ (Tida) though? :p

and only the first screenshot looks out of wack. the other ones seem fine.

Also, for the record, the people doing CT intended to sell it.
ah, i didnt know.

Ill test the rom and report back though.
the FF2 one??

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
now that is really cool. bet they could release a version for the psp similiar to this.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
ok Vanit, first of all, ウァラン doesnt sound right at all, try reading it to yourself. Hyuga, i googled a little and it seems like it really is オーロン but i dont have the J version of that game so i wouldnt know.

also, a lot of japanese names use the extra A in there. for example, i thought that Mary would be メーリ but there is a character in our damn textbook named メアリー. so you'd think that since we say "eh-riss" then it'd be エリス but no, エアリス is a lot closer to the way they pronounce it. there are some cases where the katakana is not really the way WE pronounce it in english...but how they pronounce it in english..then katakana-ized ;)

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.