Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just want to know if there is a way to use decently Lulu overdrive with a keyboard (or maybe even with mouse). On a PS2 Controller you had to press UP/Left/Down/Right on the analog (and keep doing it again and again so that the bar would fill up). The problem is i cant do it on my keyboard/mouse. Is it because there are no diagonals on keyboard or what. Please help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was fiddling about with it for a long time until i found, what i believe to be, the most agreeable method of using Lulu's overdrive; Firstly I used Lilypad and used the mouse as the right stick. Open Lilypad configuration then set Mouse API = Windows messaging and be sure that [start with mouse focus] is nul
next select pad 1. here you should have a list of all WM keyboard assignments. Now to add the WM mouse assignments you must left click on UP for right analog stick. then move the mouse gently forwards. this should give you a new device called WM mouse Y axis -. do the same for down, left and right. when lulu does her overdrive now all you have to do is spin the mouse around to smite those nasty fiends. I hope i explained that as best i could good luck sweetheart.

oops i meant to be clearer.move the mouse gently right when assigning the right device as one must move it towards for down accordingly

·
Registered
2 Posts
when lulu does her overdrive now all you have to do is spin the mouse around to smite those nasty fiends.
Could you please explain how exactly to "spin the mouse around"? I've configured all in the way you've described, and i can even control characters movement with mouse, but i cannot reach even one circle using lulu's overdrive :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
The same as if you were moving the mouse cursor on the desktop to trace a circle. practice on the screen moving the cursor clockwise or anti-clockwise. the more accurate the circles are (they by no means need to be perfect) and the amount you move the mouse will determine how many successful spins you achieve. The mouse doesnt have to move much really. ive found that the best way is to move the cursor (although it wont be visable when the game is running) to trace a circle roughly an inch wide. It sounds like you've got the hang of setting the mouse up no problem so its just a bit of practise babe.

Also remember that some spells need lots of spins before they start to stack up. i cen get about 12 fira but only 5-6 flare furies

I hope this was of some use to you, explaination is not my strong point i'm afraid. My best advice is to save the state when its Lulu's turn and practise the best way to get your spins with the early spells fire, water etc.

Goodluck x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks a lot, Grandmaa. This is a perfect explanation, I really have no questions now. The only thing confusing me is I still cannot reach at least one cycle :???: I even wrote script for AutoHotkey programmatically moving the cursor and it looks perfect. However, after a half an hour of testing with speed and radius I've got nothing in result. Maybe I'm just not fated :heh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.