Next Generation Emulation banner

FFX Help Please!

2K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  vandelbuster 
#1 · (Edited)
Heya,

I've been having trouble setting up my PCSX2 0.9.6 configs for my PC.

Stats:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
2046MB RAM 800mhz
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB DDR2
1440 x 900 (32 bit) (75Hz)

Features:

3.0 Pixel Shader
OpenGL 21. Support
Pure Video HD Techology
Unified Architecture

My current settings are.

SSE2
1280x720 (75Hz)
Direct 3D 10 (Hardware)
Pixel Shader 3.0
Weave BFF
Aspect Ratio: Stretch
D3D: 1280x720
NLoop Hack *Grey* Checked
Texture Filtering
Wait sync.

Now it shows my screen as 512x416 ALL THE TIME

And even with that, I get, 35-45 FPS Windowed Mode. I can play DMC4 On High with 40 FPS Mind You.

Not only that, but my problem also lies with sound, music is fine, but when I see characters talk, it sounds delayed and broken. Not to mention tons of Polygon bugs.

What kind of EMU is this....

Sound Setting: SPU

Edit: Work's even worse when I downgraded it to 480P.

See less See more
#2 ·
It seems ur not very knowledgable when it comes to emulators. The reason why the sound feels delayed is because as u mentioned it is running at 35-45 fps which is not full speed, full speed is 60 fps for NTSC and 50 fps for PAL versions.

U need a Core 2 Duo at 3.0GHz at least to run games decently, u need to either upgrade ur processor (or OC too) and GPU (to play in higher resolution without losing speed), or resort to using speed hacks and hope for the best.

#3 ·
It seems ur not very knowledgable when it comes to emulators. The reason why the sound feels delayed is because as u mentioned it is running at 35-45 fps which is not full speed, full speed is 60 fps for NTSC and 50 fps for PAL versions.

U need a Core 2 Duo at 3.0GHz at least to run games decently, u need to either upgrade ur processor (or OC too) and GPU (to play in higher resolution without losing speed), or resort to using speed hacks and hope for the best.
I don't understand. The PS2 has a what Pentium 4 Processor 2GhZ?

And I doubt it has a 1GB Video Card. I don't understand why I need requirements higher than Crysis for FFX. And yes I'm noob when it comes to EMU.

Can you show me or tell me how I should set it up if I'm going to play a game like FFX or KH2.

#4 ·
because crisis was made for pc.

PCSX2 is emulating hardware to run games.

#5 ·
because crisis was made for pc.

PCSX2 is emulating hardware to run games.
No technical info? I kind of already assumed that...

I'm saying specifically what difference does it make? I know it wasn't made for it, but 4 times it's original power?

That's just silly.

Also what setting do you recommend for FFX.

Dual Core AMD 64 2.3ghz - 4.6ghz total
2GB Ram
9500GT nVidia 1GB DDR2

#6 ·
even still your computer is better then mine and I get 50-60 fps.

First thing change to sse3
turn shader to 2.0
make sure native is not checked
turn off weave if it’s not bouncing with it off
the option checks at the bottom are usually set pretty well with just 2 or the I’m at work and can’t look at it but the left middle, top left and, middle right should be checked in.

go to config speed hack to 1.5 or 2 if you want mines at normal. Don't put any of the checks on the right.

Alternatively you can google FFX pcsx2 config and a youtube one should come up I can't remember if it’s for 12 or not but still will give you a good setting with a little more speed. Unlike what a lot of people say, if you mess with it long enough a computer with 1gb ram and less then 2.3ghz can still run some/most games 50+ fps. Some people here tend to think you need a monster to run these games.

#7 ·
his cpu doesn't support SSSE3.

Dual Core AMD 64 2.3ghz - 4.6ghz total
its 2.3ghz * 2, not 4.6Ghz, clock rates with multicore setups are not cumulative.

#10 ·
Yeah he's right, mine only supports SSE2. Does that really matter though?

And what Resolution should I put?
It does not matter what resoultion you use, Just enable the NATIVE checkbox next to the resoultion field
Disable all other options
Also download the latest Plugins from pcsx2.net
Make an ISO image of your dvd if you haven't done so.
Don't forget to enable all the speed hacks

#11 · (Edited)
Herm..even with Shader 2.0 and 1280x720 resolution.

2 checked at the bottom menu, Direct 3d Hardware enabled, I get 25 - 30 FPS on good moment, and an average ofr 47-52 on simple scenes.

There's no way the req to play this game can be so high, even for an EMU. The resolution does make it 720P, and 900P, or whatever though right?

Edit:

Lol sorry guys, I know I'm being a bit annoying. It's just that I want to understand this as much as possible. What do all the graphical settings do? I'm using SSE2. I only have 2 of those checked.

I give up. It's not worth it. Can't get 2 seconds without 62% or 75% of the game. All Speed Hacks on, Native on, 2.0 shader on. Screw it. I'd rather play DMC4 then waste my time on this.

#12 ·
Herm..even with Shader 2.0 and 1280x720 resolution.

2 checked at the bottom menu, Direct 3d Hardware enabled, I get 25 - 30 FPS on good moment, and an average ofr 47-52 on simple scenes.

There's no way the req to play this game can be so high, even for an EMU. The resolution does make it 720P, and 900P, or whatever though right?

Edit:

Lol sorry guys, I know I'm being a bit annoying. It's just that I want to understand this as much as possible. What do all the graphical settings do? I'm using SSE2. I only have 2 of those checked.
2 of what checked? post your full graphics plugin settings including plugin version.
Also you can only use GSdx sse2 version since amd does not support ssse3 and sse4

#16 ·
#25 ·
Oi gente!

I'm having some problems with FFX too. But mine are different. I'm using pcsx2 r1445 + Gsdx 1442, previously I was using 0.9.6 pcsx2 Gsdx 889 I guess. Since that I can play almost all the time at 60.0fps with peaks of 118fps (when I don't limit). Buuut, every time I cast a fire spell or it is cast by a monster (for example Chimerageist's Meggido Flame), the speed decreases to ~10fps. Could someone help me? I searched so much before asking but I couldn't find the answer myself...

I'm using wxp pro sp3, e4500 at 2.9GHz, 2GB ddr2 800, GF 8400GS (I know it is weak, but come on, peaks of 118fps and then that big slow down?). Thanks in advance.

#26 ·
Well some magics can be really demanding, there's no solution for it, if u want a really slow down try summoning Shiva.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.