Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i am using pcx2 0.94 i had experience lots of problem trying to get the game started with the plugins i finally started it but the game play is slow the only part where its not slow is the video part the character moving is very slow how can i solve this? as i have seen from some threads nloops mtgs and du must be on . my mtgs is on i have no idea wats du nloops is ticked but is untickable any idea how i can solve this?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
If the FMVs play normally, but the gameplay is slow, you either have a bad configuration, insufficient PC power, or both. Judging by the description of how slow it is, and the fact that you didn't list your PC specifications, I'm guessing your PC isn't fast enough for this.

1. List your CPU, GPU (video card), RAM, and OS (operating system). If you need help figuring any of that out, hit the Windows logo key and the Pause/Break key simultaneously, and it'll bring up a windows showing you three of those things. Using Run (Windows XP and prior) or the Search box (Windows Vista and later), type in "dxdiag" without the quotes and it'll bring up a window. Navigate to the Display tab. You're GPU information is listed there.

2. As was said, upgrade your PCSX2 version. You needn't use the latest revision, but at least upgrade to the public stable 0.9.6 version.

PCSX2.net - Downloads

3. List your configuration for your video plug-in, and, at least for now, make sure the rest are default (some games may want speed hacks if the system is too slow, or a different sound plug-in, but let's get the basics out of the way first).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
lol lmao im sorry but ur using a OLD OLD OLD rev of pcsx2. get the latest 0.96 lol. you can also get latest beta revs on the pcsx2.net website :)
sry i meant 0.96 but it still has problems

If the FMVs play normally, but the gameplay is slow, you either have a bad configuration, insufficient PC power, or both. Judging by the description of how slow it is, and the fact that you didn't list your PC specifications, I'm guessing your PC isn't fast enough for this.

1. List your CPU, GPU (video card), RAM, and OS (operating system). If you need help figuring any of that out, hit the Windows logo key and the Pause/Break key simultaneously, and it'll bring up a windows showing you three of those things. Using Run (Windows XP and prior) or the Search box (Windows Vista and later), type in "dxdiag" without the quotes and it'll bring up a window. Navigate to the Display tab. You're GPU information is listed there.

2. As was said, upgrade your PCSX2 version. You needn't use the latest revision, but at least upgrade to the public stable 0.9.6 version.

PCSX2.net - Downloads

3. List your configuration for your video plug-in, and, at least for now, make sure the rest are default (some games may want speed hacks if the system is too slow, or a different sound plug-in, but let's get the basics out of the way first).
the first fmv lagged too i only got far to the second fmv which is the blitz ball game thats the one that didnt lag

Intel(R)Coren(TM)2 Duo CPU
E4500 @ 2.20GHZ
2.20GHZ, 1.93GB of RAM

what u mean video plug-in the gsdx thingy?
GSDX 883(MSVC 15.00, SSE2)0.1.13

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Okay, here's a few more questions.

1. You said the gameplay was very slow. How slow, exactly? Just slow enough to be noticed and not full speed, or actually super slow? I ask because that CPU should be decent, but, at that speed (2.2GHz), it will not pull the game off at a consistent full speed. You'll need the help of overclocking and/or speed hacks.

2. What GPU (video card) do you have?

3. What is the configuration of that video plug-in? Also, I recommend the use of the SSSE3 version. Your CPU supports it (but not the SSE4.1 version).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, here's a few more questions.

1. You said the gameplay was very slow. How slow, exactly? Just slow enough to be noticed and not full speed, or actually super slow? I ask because that CPU should be decent, but, at that speed (2.2GHz), it will not pull the game off at a consistent full speed. You'll need the help of overclocking and/or speed hacks.

2. What GPU (video card) do you have?

3. What is the configuration of that video plug-in? Also, I recommend the use of the SSSE3 version. Your CPU supports it (but not the SSE4.1 version).
i dont think that is quite slow the character moves slowly its just annoyign

do u mean the graphic card the nvadia geforce?

Nvidia GeForce 7050/nforce 610i

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
That's an onboard GPU (an IGP). It's not very powerful at all (but it's better than an Intel IGP). If your video plug-in isn't configured timidly, you may be getting some slowdown from that.

As I'm saying for the third time, post your video plug-ins configuration itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's an onboard GPU (an IGP). It's not very powerful at all (but it's better than an Intel IGP). If your video plug-in isn't configured timidly, you may be getting some slowdown from that.

As I'm saying for the third time, post your video plug-ins configuration itself.
Do u mean the PCSX2 configurations?

i will upload the picture on it

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Check the box for "Native". Perhaps try disabling filtering. Having done both things, does speed improve atall?

If so, it's the integrated graphics that are the bottleneck.

If not, it's the CPU that is the bottleneck.

You still never specified any examples (in terms of FPS) on how fast or slow it is, so I'm going on your description of "very slow" in saying the GPU is the bottleneck and that it's too weak to do that internal resolution, or perhaps the game (which is a weaker one, even) at all. PCSX2 is way more CPU limited, but the GPU does matter. I'd imagine with speed hacks, you should be getting half decent speed. Speaking of which, I'd recommend the 2x Cycle Rate, since the description for 3x Cycle Rate makes it seem like it can break alot of games (not that I know though).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Check the box for "Native". Perhaps try disabling filtering. Having done both things, does speed improve atall?

If so, it's the integrated graphics that are the bottleneck.

If not, it's the CPU that is the bottleneck.

You still never specified any examples (in terms of FPS) on how fast or slow it is, so I'm going on your description of "very slow" in saying the GPU is the bottleneck and that it's too weak to do that internal resolution, or perhaps the game (which is a weaker one, even) at all. PCSX2 is way more CPU limited, but the GPU does matter. I'd imagine with speed hacks, you should be getting half decent speed. Speaking of which, I'd recommend the 2x Cycle Rate, since the description for 3x Cycle Rate makes it seem like it can break alot of games (not that I know though).

when i boot the game its at 60 fps but when i press new game it became 40 fps and slowly goes down to 35 fps

okay the gameplay faster now its not so annoying anymore one thing i clicked the nloop making the tick in the box black not grey does that makes any effect on the game?

okay i experiencing some sound probs the sound comes before the sub appear its either the sub problem or the sound prob althought i think its the sub prob EDIT okay no more sub prob
second the battle is very laggy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Emm... tick all the thingies in cpu config for dual core support, maybe they're not enabled.

I'm getting those fps, but with a notebook with E3200 mobile at 2.16 ghz, 2 gb ram and an intel 4500m gpu integrated. You can do better than my notebook ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Emm... tick all the thingies in cpu config for dual core support, maybe they're not enabled.

I'm getting those fps, but with a notebook with E3200 mobile at 2.16 ghz, 2 gb ram and an intel 4500m gpu integrated. You can do better than my notebook ;)
everythings ticked the battles slow now
i mean when the enemy cast demi or spell

and i getting slow fps and some scences for a while though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.