Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
635 Posts
haven't you seen the credits in the original dubbed anime tapes?? there are people that always do these work, so the same voice can be hearded from different characters from different movies, it doesn't matter what voice is, the point is if they did it well and if they capturated the essence of what the original voice wanted to say. this is my opinion, hope help.

· Registered
12,014 Posts
The dub voice actress for Sasami (Sherry Lynn) does all sorts of minor work in different films. That's not a bad thing, since she's one of the few dub actors I can stand. :p Companies often use anime actors to do their dirty work because they're cheap and tend to act better than the various hoodlums walking around outside.

· Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by aoshi
very true and do you know that Ling Xiayou + Nina Williams' voice is == Rei Ayanami's voice
that's an interesting fact... i always found rei to have a mesmerizing voice...it seems to just draw me into the anime :eek:
and i thought her name was Rei Ayunami, and not Ayanami... that's what my jap friends told me...but i think i'm just being nitpicky ;)

· Registered
318 Posts
who cares about dubs, IMO subbed anime is better than dubbed coz not only does the musical score don't get tampered with, Japanese voice actors are better than their foreign counterparts. take for example DBZ also sometimes dubbing butchers anime like Fushigi Yuugi

· Registered
318 Posts
I said IMO, I got tired of Miyaka saying Tamahome here - Tamahome there with that yucky voice of hers, then again I never really liked FY that much so it might have had clouded my judgement. maybe I have high standards for dubbed anime like Princess Mononoke and Cowboy Bebop

· Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by aoshi
who cares about dubs, IMO subbed anime is better than dubbed coz not only does the musical score don't get tampered with, Japanese voice actors are better than their foreign counterparts. take for example DBZ also sometimes dubbing butchers anime like Fushigi Yuugi
Escaflowne, WORST DUB EVER

· Registered
12,014 Posts
> PS: i can't read new posts? why?

What are you talking about? I'm reading them fine here.

I don't know about Escaflowne. It's a terrible dub, but I've heard worse (although they were lower profile releases). Why in the world people were concerned about keeping that crew together for the movie, I don't know.

· <B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
Since, I don't have the japanese versions of escaflowne i wouldn't know.. I have the movie in japanese tho.. I like the songs from the anime though...

Ryos: well, i click on the 'View New Posts' button, and i always get the database error blah.. message.. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.