Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Some of these crashes could be the GIF or VIF units we're currently working on.
This work will take a good while longer, but older versions of pcsx2 are known to work just fine.

If you really can't pass a scene, try to find some 0.9.5 svn compiles of pcsx2 to get around it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for bringing this back to life, but I have to thank you. I wasjust about to delete my rip of FFX International and search for a new copy when I found this. you saved me a lot of pointless download time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This topic seems pretty dead, but i thought I would add my two cents. Less than half an hour ago I was stuck with the crash outside the Djose Temple.

My Rig:
E8400 3ghz
2x1GB OCZ Platinum
HD4870 1GB
WinXP 32bit

My PCSX2 Setup:
PCSX2 0.9.6
ZeroGS Playground 0.97.1 (FFX Hack ON)
SPU2-X 1.1.0 (Sound Disabled)
Running ISO from MagicDisc

All I did was turn off EERec EE/IOP recompiler in CPU config, and left everything else on default. If VU0 and VU1 are also disabled it causes more problems than it solves. Disabling EERec reduced my fps to about 15, but the game ran smoothly over the area it used to crash. I then re-enabled EERec after a minute and was good to go! I have no idea whether this method works over the other crashing moments in the game; I might be back to say yay or nay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The method I put above (unchecking EERec) also works for the glitch just after the fight with Seymour in the Macalania Temple, but not for a glitch at "Home". I shall check whether it works with the final fight if I get to it!

edit: With a combination of switching between EERec on and off, and 5 different graphics plugins, i am past the home glitches. Be patient and it will pay off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem too. Pissed me off... I will be really appreciate if someone can just tell which graphics plugins that are working. THx

21 - 27 of 27 Posts