Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i am new here.. I was just wondering if someone can help me with the configuration of the pcsx2 in order to play FFX. I finally got the game cd (a friend lend it to me) but i am not good with pc and i am not getting good fps.. normally it is like 30 fps but someone told me with my pc it should be better.. my pc is a Windows XP, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 1.5gb RAM, and a 512mb video card, GeForce 7200 GS.
Anyway, i hope someone can help me. And trust me i searched before posting, but i really dont understand much :S
I would be grateful if someone could tell me what version download, what plugins, if i should use pcsx2 or pcsx2t, and the more important thing, ¿how do i configure correctly the emulator to play FFX? I already got a bios from a friend's play station 2, but i dont have more. Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think i will but not now.. Anyway, if posible i would like to play until i get a better pc. But in game i normaly have like 30 fps, and a friend told me it should be higher with my pc.
I already saw the thread redlofredlof said, but i dont understand much. If someone could explain me i would be very thankful!

PD: sry for my bad english!

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
It should still be better than 30FPS, at least for the CPU. I guess one of us could try underclocking our CPU to ~2GHz (use the -200MHz to compensate for the extra cache and 45nm improvements), and check. I'm sure it'll slow down, but to be ~30FPS most of the time seems off. It should get full or near full speed sometimes, and drop a bit at others. Either there's a configuration problem, or the video card is holding you back, but the CPU shouldn't be that much.

Make sure the dual core options, all of them, are checked. If it's only using one core, that seems about right for your speed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there again! I have been trying diferent configurations. Result? Not so good. I was expecting a bit more speed really. Though I have not started the game yet, i have been trying to get better configurations (by my own.. changing things and restarting game) but i am not that good with this. My pcsx2 is normally runing with 30-40 fps.. is there something i can do to improve a bit the speed?
Anyway, i have some questions i would like to ask anyone who want to help me.. there are some things that I am not understanding, for example, what is the diference between pcsx2 and pcsx2 playground? why some people have a "speed hack" menu i dont in their pcsx2 emulator? where i can get the plugins for that speed hack menu? which graphic plugin should i use, ZeroGS or GSdx9? Why that one and not the other one? How do i configure it? It is better to run the game from the cd or from an iso (or something like that) in the computer? Why, if i read in the pcsx2 tutorial that you cant use MTGS function with GScx9, does some people use it anyway getting good results? which one is the latest version of pcsx2? I donwloaded the version of the website but i've seen many screenshots of configurations that are in other version.
I think i have many other questions but these ones are the most relevant. Hope someone can help me, and trust me i am really making all my effort to run FFX on my pc! Thanks!

PD: Lord Zedeck, what do you mean with "I guess one of us could try underclocking our CPU to ~2GHz (use the -200MHz to compensate for the extra cache and 45nm improvements), and check"? And when you talk about the dual core options, you mean the 2 options you can check/uncheck in the CPU configuration?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey and where i can get a version with more speed hacks? It seems that it is the last thing that maybe could give some extra fps's (now is like 40-50fps normally). I say thins cause i saw many ss's and some youtube videos where are shown some versions of the emulator with more speedhacks. Should i try to get one of those? Or is better to just use the one of th pcsx2 website and enable the "Disable force ABS" and "EE/IOP Sync Hack" options?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
PD: Lord Zedeck, what do you mean with "I guess one of us could try underclocking our CPU to ~2GHz (use the -200MHz to compensate for the extra cache and 45nm improvements), and check"? And when you talk about the dual core options, you mean the 2 options you can check/uncheck in the CPU configuration?
That was to Phil. Your CPU is 2.2GHz. I was stating that either Phil or I could test it with our CPUs (we both have the E8400, or at least I do until today only) underclocked to 2.0GHz to make it somewhat comparable to your CPU and see if it only gets half speed as yours is, or if it gets more. I say this because I know it should get more. It won't be full speed all of the time, but it should run higher than an average of half speed. I remember seeing Athlon X2s tested here in the past between 2.2GHz and 2.8GHz, and the latter was near enough to full speed, and the former definitely pulled in more than half, and the Core 2 at 2.2GHz is faster than the Athlon X2 at 2.2GHz, so it should run decently. That is what I was suggesting. There's got to be a configuration that's not set right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts