Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I should've made this when I posted in my other topic....seems logical. Anyways, I was working on my vid walkthrough for FFVIII, and when leaving towns and/or entering/exiting battles, I end up with this funky screen below (this screen is me leaving Balamb Garden to the world map, which also happens kinda when entering/exiting battles, except that it cuts abruptly when exiting and lags when entering):

And just in case.....screencap of my settings:

Note I use that setting since Open GL doesn't like to be recorded with CamStudio and only that Video plug-in works with it for some reason. Also, I tried Open GL, and it fixed the problem, but lagged even more when entering battles, and I was having these black borders where the character's HP and ATB would be, as well as the cursors @[email protected]

Is there some sort of special game fix that I need to use for this game or something? Or am I screwed and unable to do a video walkthrough of this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I just tried that Squall, and it worked perfectly for that. However, now a NEW issue arrives x_X

This is ONLY when entering battles now. Everything else works perfectly fine (even the original problem I had). Could it be that my comp just can't run it perfectly fine or is it another problem or what? @[email protected]

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
its the D3D plugin, it sucks. if you can, use the OpenGL 1.78 plugin with the same compatibility settings.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
do you know what kind of video card is in your system? i doubt you would have much trouble using the OGL1 regardless, even onboard GPUs should not have alot of problems with it.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
you must likely need a driver update then :)

Download GPUZ and that will get us some info on your hardware.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hm. Oddly enough, going back to the original settings I had, everything pretty much works fine. Makes no sense to me why that is x_x....

Also, need to find this GPUZ. Though updating drivers....that'd be impossible for me to do since I can't buy anything x_X lol.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
You know you're really in the poor house when you can't afford free video drivers off the internet, not that drivers actually ever cost anything anyway.

Just go to nvidia.com and download them.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Start > Run or hold the Windows key (has the Microsoft logo) and press 'R'.

Type in 'dxdiag' (without the quotes)

Click on the Display tab.

Read off 'Name' section in your next post or post a screenshot of what it shows.

You should see something similar to this:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Here we go. Also, just a quick note, yes, after I'm done doing my FFVIII video walkthrough, I plan on doing a FFIX video walkthrough as well, though that might be a few weeks later, so thought I'd bring that up now just in case ^^;

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Get the latest driver for your card here.

You can use OpenGL2 with that GPU if you so chose. BTW - have you tried using Fraps? It works much better for recording hardware accelerated games and emulators.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have registered Fraps, but can't seem to figure out how to use the darn thing. Like....I know that pushing F9 (to start/stop recording) is supposed to be done when you have the emulator running, but I'm not sure if it's running or not. It doesn't seem like it to me at all x_x That, and I don't like running the game in full screen mode (since I was told you have to run in full screen mode in order to use it right), since I like to check up on things here and there, and not have to mess with the computer resolutions and whatnot

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
You don't have to run it in fullscreen. I've recorded videos just fine with it in windowed mode. Also, be sure to set the 'Start Recording' button to something besides F9. That key does something in ePSXe, I believe.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.