Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a problem with FFVIII. When it gets to changing cd from 1 to 2, emu says it's not the right one. It's kinda weird, cause my cds are original ones. I also tried loading iso but it's the same. CD's work perfect on PSX, they're not scratched.
Thx in advance :)
Morn

·
Moo.
455 Posts
Also, what emulator are you using? PSXeven or ePSXe? In either case, try the other, you may have more success. Emulators are known to be flaky every now and then.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Emulators are known to be flaky every now and then.
i recall reading somewhere that the cd change feature on ePSXe doesnt work 100% of the time. but my memory is flaky sometimes...

dont hold back on trying other emulators. most emulators can use the memcard files from other emulators (especially those in .mcr format) so all you have to do is copy and paste from one memcard folder to the other. try PCSX. PCSX even uses the same plugin system ePSXe does, so simply copy the plugins you use in ePSXe to the PCSX plugin folder, that is if you opt to try PCSX. ive had decent results playing FF7 with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.