Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
eh, I've tried running FFVIII with Kane's settings from the original disks, since I can't seem to get iso's working right yet, and I get a freeze about 1/2 to 3/4 the way through the intro movie. Video hangs and sound stops. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it :cry:

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
What have you tried for making hte ISOs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've tried using alcohol 120%, but it tends to crash ePSXe when I try to load the iso. also got Nero express, but the images it makes are a lil sub-standard, even for non-psx games.

as an added note, I really like how some people jump to conclusions here, but I guess it's to be expected considering what we're dealing with :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
that's what I have been doing, and that's when I get the crashes. Like I said, the iso's won't even run.

EDIT: they're the same settings that's posted on kane's site. but I'll throw them on here for ya.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
You made the images using Alcohol... did it show up any/many read errors?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Assuming you used the native alcohol's format (mdf/mds), you'll need to let alcohol create a virtual drive, load the image there, and then let epsxe load it as a real cd using a cd plugin such as peops, xeven's, or sapu's. Alternatively, you could recreate the images using the .ccd format, the resulting img file can be directly loaded from ePSXe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts