Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What a sorry port!? This is an atrocity!! I have never witnessed such a cheap port in all my life. How did this make it through quality control! 'ctrl+q' to quit!! I feel like I'm playing a game on my dead macintosh! I thank whichever superior being that has had a hand in this, that I borrowed this game from a friend, and did not actually purchase it! What a let down. They could have at least incorporated an 'exit' button into the menu. Now onto my problem, the background is a little 'corrupt' (i've got some lines running across like if the background was misaligned). How do I fix this?
thanx.

oh, and i'm running on a geforce ddr.

·
Registered
186 Posts
C'mon now, it wasn't that bad was it? I mean would you rather play the game in 320 res? I mean yeah it could have been better, but its something. Better than no PC option at all. I didn't mind THAT much. Oh yeah ugly menus w/o 8-bit pallette support. But again, no big deal.

Anyways there is a patch for GeForce users, not sure what its for since I don't haev a GeForce card but take a look. Check a site like 3dfiles.com There should also be a game patch too I think.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heheh, kingking3rd, u just got started on the wrong foot. Yeah, i guess it is better than no option at all, but i don't recommend it to someone who owns a playstation, or even has an emulator. thanx for the info on the patch.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
excellent, the patch at 3dfiles fixes the alignment problem. I went to the squaresoft page before starting this topic and...surprise, surprise...the support page was non-existant. what a disappointment. oh well, i read on 3dfiles today, that the site will be closing down on the 14th, FYI.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
i dunno...but i prefer the PC version that PSX, prolly because my PSX breaks down far more often than my PC. :D and besides, i least i don't get to hog the TV for 3-4 hours straight playing FFVIII.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
lol, i didn't know since there is no mention of EA at the startup screen. Anyway, the patches at 3dfiles are corrupt, is there anywhere else i can get the patches from?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts