Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right Hi there,

I'm trying to get FFVIII to work for my epsxe 1.7 i got it working the other day but i have no idea how, and whenever i try to run it now i just get a black screen or if there somthing behind it it will stay in the epsxe window.

I'm playing a PAL version and patched it with PPF-o-matic my video driver is pete's openGL driver 1.77 configured to the nice setting.

I'm on windows XP with a inter centrino duo 1.66Ghz 2 GB RAM and my graphics card is a NVIDA GeForce Go 7300

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
DO NOT PATCH IT!

>.> patches cause more problems they they ar worth. Redump the game using CloneCD or Alcohol 52% and either mount the game in a virtual drive, or run it via Run ISO and selecting the CCD file(not the image file)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The type of files i have is a .bin and .cue file and i did manage to get it working after it was patched before, but i'll try again without the patch and mount it to a virtual drive with daemon tools.

Thanks,

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
dont use .bin/.cue, use .ccd like squall mentioned, otherwise the copy protection is going to get in your way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again,

Thanks for the help so far, i tryed an unpatched NTSC version with the .ccd file mounted to a virtual drive with daemon tools and also tryed to mount the .img file to the virtual drive but neither worked, Any more ideas?

Thanks again,

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
did you set daemon tools to read subchannels?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no idea how to do that, i havn't changed any settings on deamon tools. I'm using Daemon tools pro advanced adition on a trial. tryed serching through most of the menues and looked in the help menu but still couldn't find it. Maby i should try clone CD

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
CloneCD, or alcohol 52% free are better imo,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i tryed it with virtual clone drive and am still having the same problems. I was also wondering which BIOS i should use i'm currently usuing schp1001. I have enabled logs for epsxe and in the logs it says

Doing init gpu [0]...
Gpu open [0]...

is that o.k?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
A healthy log looks like this

* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.7.0. p2
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [D:\CARTRIDGE\PLAYSTATION\Bios\SCPH9002(P).BIN]
* Init cdrom ... ok
* Cdrom open... ok
* NTSC cdrom detected. (SLUS_009.23)
* Doing init gpu[0]...
* Gpu open[1885692720]...
* Direct input init ok.
* Doing spu init...
* Spu open...

Your GPU is not opening properly. It is possible your current drivers have buggy opengl, for FF8 though, you should use the OpenGL 2.9 plugin as you will get more of the effects working.

use these settings

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 2
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: 2

- Filtering: 4
- Hi-Res textures: 2
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: Auto (or manually defined)

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility: (for full battleswirl)
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 2
- Framebuffer uploads: 2

Compatibility: (for motion blur)
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 0

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 2
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: on [00000003] (gamefixes can be disabled if using the motion blur compatibility)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi

Thanks for the suggestions I tryed those setting with Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 and am still getting Gpu open [0]... I even got Gpu open [0] with peops soft driver 1.18 so i'm stumped.

Thanks for the help so far every one

·
Banned
35,081 Posts

·
Banned
35,081 Posts

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
and how is that anything to do with this users issue?

start your own thread, and include the information required to help you. (check the rules linked in my sig if you need more information on just what is needed)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No physx processor installed?

Hello again,

Right so sorry it took so long to reply and let you guys know how it's going, i've been busy. Anyway back to the subject i tryed installing the physx software and my screen aspect has change to a wider looking view, so i tryed running ffviii again but am having the same problem. So i opened physx and it it asks me which user account i want to use to run this program. I have chosen the current user as i can't remember my adminastrative password. When i get to the physx properties it says in the info screen that i have no physx processor installed so i can't do anything with it. Do i need to log in with my adminastrative password? also if anyone could tell me how to change my screen back to normal i would appreciate it.

Thanks,

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
you can remove physx, its not available on Geforce 7 cards, infact it installs automatically on hardware that supports it (which the 7 series doesn't)

the aspect changed because your resolution isn't native, open up display properties and change the resolution to your panels max.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.