Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Remains a mystery..
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For some reason after saving on the Cape of Good Hope (nr Edea and Cids Orphanage/Lighthouse) i'm getting a black screen and it will not load.. this happened b4hand as well, either running towards the lighthouse or entering the lighthouse or upcoming battle (prob not 2nd or third one since it now loads to black screen). I've tried epsxe 1.5.2, 1.6.0 and 1.7.0 and many different plug-in settings for Petes OGL2.9, Petes SPU and Eternal, and Petes CD plugin (bit of a Pete fanboy..) yet i just can't seem to fix it!!

I haven't applied any PPF's since am using SLUS00908 (US/NTSC title), and have been looking around for similar bugs for an hour, so apologies if this has been posted b4 yet i just couldn't find the post or the fix.. its a gr8 game and an incredible emulator, looks like pcsx2 is fast becoming incredible as well.. 800 and more games working :O and hardly one for an XBOX em..

Any help is seriously appreciated!!

Specs:-
Vista Ultimate x64, Core2 6300 1.8Ghz, 1.5gig RAM, NV7500LE, Aud2plX.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
try mounting to a virtual drive, and loading it with CDRSapu 1.2

·
Remains a mystery..
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry, forgot to mention in first post, I am using daemon tools to mount an image and sending it to Petes CDrom plugin. That said, I dl'ed CDRSaPu 1.0, seems 1.2 hasn't been released yet and tested it yet still gives the same result. Are you sure the prob is related to the CD plugin???Damn shame, I luv FFVIII, easily the best pre PS2 FF and just coming up to the best bits as well..

Wasn't sure on settings exactly either, I've been using IOCTL/SCSI, read mode autodetect, caching enabled prefetch with Async with a level of 8-medium and track ISO9660 FS. Def unsure on the interface type for Vista..

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try playing the game on psx, since it doesnt use plugins it might be able to identify where this problem is coming from and if it really is plugin-related (provided it works).

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Sorry, forgot to mention in first post, I am using daemon tools to mount an image and sending it to Petes CDrom plugin. That said, I dl'ed CDRSaPu 1.0, seems 1.2 hasn't been released yet and tested it yet still gives the same result. Are you sure the prob is related to the CD plugin???Damn shame, I luv FFVIII, easily the best pre PS2 FF and just coming up to the best bits as well..

Wasn't sure on settings exactly either, I've been using IOCTL/SCSI, read mode autodetect, caching enabled prefetch with Async with a level of 8-medium and track ISO9660 FS. Def unsure on the interface type for Vista..
http://forums.ngemu.com/emulation-news-submissions/116936-new-version-cdrsapu-psx-cdrom-plugin-released.html

was released a few hours ago.

leave everything to auto, the plugin handles itself well.
and its more to do with the image, then the plugin, CDRSapu is just better at handling problematic images,

·
Remains a mystery..
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ah ok, its a problem that can be replicated using dodgy images then.. will try switching image handlers and then re-rip them if no joy.. thanks.

hmm.. it was actually because i was using an image handler to mount the ISO, even CDRaspu 1.2 wouldn't change the black screen problem yet when I used the "run ISO" command in file menu.. it works fine!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. Solved it by using an older save and encountering the enemy garden in the nearby woods instead of trying to enter the orphanage first. Worked like a charm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts