Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I've probably read something about it, but while we're at it, I tried making an ISO from the CD but I only get a black screen. Is there anything about that I've forgotten or should think about?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what format did you make the image in? make sure you do it in one that includes subchannel data like .ccd/.img/.sub.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That might be the problem...
I used Easy Create-Burn ISO Image and made an ISO from the CD.
Thought that was what PSX could read :/

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
well it can read it but .iso format will lack the subchannel data, and if you are playing the PAL version that data must be there in order to get around the copy protection.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
FF7 doesn't have copy protection, however all PSX games have Subchannel data, which should be stored with the image in a suitable format.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I created an IMG (actually my brother did) and ran it, but it ran in hyper speed and I couldn't find my saved games for some reason.
Then I tried running the CD again it was still running hyper speed, but my saved games where there...
I think I've read about the hyper speed problem somewhere, but what happened to the saved games?

EDIT: The FPS Limit seemed to have fixed the hyper speed but I still can't find the saved games when running the IMG...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
If you mean save states, and you were previously loading via the LOAD ISO, you will need to rename the states for the games to match the numbered file on the disk.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I mean ingame. Never used the Save State option I think.
I do exit the program using Esc, then press the cross though.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
thats probably why your save data doesnt show up, only press the esc key followed by doing file>exit once you are back in the GUI as mentioned in one of the posts above.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
The only window that is safe to press X on and retain memory card data is the log window. as it closes the entire epsxe process completely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So that means the only way I can get to the saved games, is by playing thru CD? Or is it possible to make them work from ISO too?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
no it works fine with either, you just need to make sure you shut down epsxe correctly. you can do it by the file>exit method or the way squall mentioned, i usually suggest the file>exit method though because some people who are not well versed with epsxe are not even aware of what or where the log window is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I haven't really read how about the log window so I guess I'm one of the later ;)

What I don't understand though, is how to make the saved games show up when I run the IMG. Do I have to start from CD, load and save, then exit correctly to make them show up when running the IMG?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
they should show up on both, playing from the disc or an image should not have any effect on that sort of thing. the way you exit out of the emulator only effects if the data is retained or not upon closing out of epsxe and when you start it back up again. do file>run BIOS and make sure your saves are showing up in the memory card manager, also make sure your memory card save locations are configured in the emulator's config as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I checked Mem Cards and it shows one slot with FF7 characters. I think I have 3 or 4 saves inside FF7. It also shows 2 slots from what I think is Final Fantasy Tactics...

I also checked the Mem Cards save locations and it wasn't the exact path, but when I choose select, I'm in the right directory and nothing change when I choose one of the files there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Just wanted to say that I've been playing thru most of Disc 1 now. Playing the ISO is working like a charm.
It still couldn't find the saved games I "created" when playing the CD but now that's no problem...I hope it stays that way :p

21 - 38 of 38 Posts