Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'll admit, i illegally downloaded the FFVII ISO to emulate with epsxe, BUT i do own the actual game and have for many years. The only reason i downloaded the ISO is for some reason it didn't even occur to me that you could use the discs to play them in your emulator (i'm new to the whole emulation thing, this is my first time using it).

I've noticed the sound in FFVII is a bit off. Like the background and cutscene music always plays fine but in battle and other scenes some of the sound effects just don't sound right. I was wondering if this is just always going to happen because of the emulator of if it could possibly be my ISO.

Should i just use my game cd to play the game then?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
use an image made from your own disks.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
as others have stated already, please start playing from your own copy of the game, we cannot provide assistance for anyone found to be using pirated rips.

ill leave this thread open on the condition that you will start to play from your physical game disc or use on of the tutorials linked to in the post above to make your own image and run it that way.

as for which to do, an image would be ideal. while aside from not needing to have the game disc in the drive all the time, images can sometimes cut back on loading periods and reduce in-game stuttering. it wont increase frame rates but it can usually run a bit smoother than having the game being read from your CD/DVD drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one problem: my macbook won't read my playstation disc. It just homes for a while when i put it in like it's trying and then ejects the disc. The disc is pretty old, but i remember playing it on an actual console not to long ago so i don't think it's damaged.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
do you have another computer that can recognize the disc? if you do you could make the image on that and then transfer it over to your main system once its done. if by chance you dont, you could purchase a USB CD/DVD drive that is capable of reading it and hook it up to your system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.