Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Let me first say thank you to all of those who have massively replied to other people's problems. I've read topics in the forums, made some search here and on google, and the config that I've found working best as of right now is this one :

Gateway MT6728 Core Duo 1.6
2gig Ram
Win Vista Ultimate x64
Code:
-- Intel OpenGL Changed settings --

Triple Buffering : On
Depth Buffer Bit Depth : 24 Bit Depth Buffer
Driver Memory Footprint : Low

-- ePSXe settings --

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.77
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: Intel
GFX card: Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator
OGL version: 2.0.0 - Build 7.15.10.1637

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Keep psx aspect ratio: on 

Textures:
- B8G8R8A8
- Filtering: 2
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on 
- Mask bit: on 
- Advanced blending: off

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: on 
- 15 bit FB: on 
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Game fixes: on  [00000001]

-- Sound Plugin --

Eternal SPU 1.50

-DirectSound
-Buffer Size : 64
-SPUasync
-Smooth
-Update before accessing register
Here's the problem, the game is loading and I can play, but with some lag issues here and there. If there's more than 2 monsters in a battle it'll start to lag a bit more, summons last frames ( I.E : When Shiva throws all the ice at the opponent and the freeze them all followed by blowing up the ice ) are laggy as well. The movies were lagging A LOT at the beginning , but for some reason the movie of the Golden Saucer was playing nice BUT ****ty image! There's also a lag at every beginning of battles ( the sounds repeats itself 4-5 times ) , then loads good.

I'd like the game to run "as fluid" as with the P.E.Op.S plugin, but with the imagine quality of the opengl.

Thanks for your help!

P.S : The P.E.Op.S Plugin runs pretty smooth/fine, but the image quality is so bad that it doesn't even make you want to play the game!

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
onboard video does not work as well with the hardware plugins compared to a plug in gfx card, specifically with the framebuffer effects and certain filters, so you are either going to have to sacrifice image quality for performance or performance for image quality.

if you really want to use one of them though, you should use the dx6 plugin and (possibly) the "fast" preset instead of the OGL1.

with all that said though, i actually suggest using psx instead of epsxe with onboard video most of the time, it will give you the least amount of trouble.

edit- btw if you have an empty AGP/PCI/PCI-E slot (PCI/PCI-E would be the most likely on modern systems) on your mobo you can buy a decent card for less than $100 that will net you far better performance than what you are getting now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jonc2006 : Unfortunatly, my old PSX is well... scrap. I don't have any open slots as I am running everything on my laptop.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
actually i was referring to the emulator "psx", its simple to use and it would look close to the way it would on a real psx.

pSX emulator

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have already tried that option. Graphics are exactly like using P.E.Op.S plugin with epsxe ( Fields are a LOT pixelated, as well as Sprites in battles ), and the sound is a bit crappy ( Eternal SPU really does a good job ).

Thanks for the help jonc2006 :)

Anyone else as some idea's? Squall-LeonHart is usually the one that has the answer it seems?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've tried Both DX6 D3D and DX7 D3D but both give's me a rather poor perfomance ( wich I really wonder why? Usually in any other games using DX make's it smoother ) . Maybe someone can help me towards this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts