Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've played FF7 on a real PSX some years ago till DISK2 end.
I've discovered ePSXe a few weeks ago and as I still have FF7 game I've restarted yesterday :love:

Here is my question, I'm using ePSXe 1.4 with an USB adapter for a PSX gamepad. Everything is correctly configured but now, I'm in Aerith's home and I'd like to go out.
Cloud is walking a few steps and then starts running making noise.
I've tried every (it seems) possible way but he still runs.

Is it a problem with the game or did I miss something ?
I don't remember spending a lot of time on this point of the game when I was with the PSX.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
I think at that point you are suppose to walk and not run.. Goto your game config while playing FF7.. Press triangle I think.. then make sure you haven't set it to running.. I can't think of anything else at the moment.. If that don't work then it's probably your controller.. Play with the keyboard to pass that part..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still the same ...

All google's results are :

You must sneak out of the house without making any noises or
Aerith will hear you & you will have to start over.
(Hint: Try not to run)

Well, I'd like to sneak without running but Cloud doesn't :(
My "X" button is correctly configured for walk/run and I don't use it ...
Help please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I give up !!!

I've tried with full keyboard configuration but it's still the same ...

Cloud can walk without problems on the left side of the corridor without running once, but it's like an invisible line on the floor and each time he steps on this line, he runs and makes noise.

I'm on the way to uninstall ePSXe and play freesbee with FF7 CD's.

Anyone has another solution ? Or maybe could send me a memcard image by email with a savegame outside Aerith's home ?

mailto:[email protected]

·
Registered
204 Posts
i'm playing that game on vgs. I already got past that part, it took me a few tries before i got past it. Just walk don't hold X. And don't touch any walls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts