Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need someones help!
I've been playing a FFVII (NTSC version) on epsxe 1.6.0, and when i bring Bugenhagen to the City of Ancients(disc 2) and he puts the key into the "music box" the game crashes.
Would anyone be willing to just play through the part where bugenhage puts the key in the music box and save the game right after that scene?
I'd really appreciate it
thanks,

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think you have a bad copy or something. When I put the file into my folder and started the game up, there weren't any saves. So unless I'm doing something wrong, you're NTSC FF7 is not the same as mine.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I loaded the memory card into PSXGameEdit, and the product code on the saves was SCES-00867. The product code on my saves starts with SCUS.

SCES is PAL. SCUS is NTSC. No wonder the NTSC FF7 can't load them, they're PAL FF7 saves.

What made you think your game was NTSC?

Dan

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
Before anyone starts accusing him of having a dodgy burnt copy, let me remind everyone that if even one byte of data is changed on the disc the game won't even boot.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Well, Vanit, as it turns out the reason that Zsaber couldn't load the saves was not because BobYohoma has a dodgy burnt copy.

Rather, it's because BobYohoma is playing the PAL version of FF7 rather than the NTSC one. I checked the product code on the game saves and it's the legitimate product code for the PAL version of FF7. The NTSC/US product code is quite different.

So if anything seems at all dodgy here, it's that BobYohoma has a PAL FF7 and thinks it's the NTSC version.

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
um, this is another one of those "it crashes becuase i warezed it" spots.

thread closed, BobYohomago and buy the game, and get the region info right next time too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.