Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I've been playing FFVII, and it's been great until just now. I'm on Disc 2, where they Junon Cannon fires at Weapon.

1) The game doesn't even play the FMV.
2) It freezes right before the FMV is suppose to play.
3) About 3 sec before it freezes, the screen blinks once.
4) The game just sits there playing the music, but it just sits there with Heidegger standing right after the "sailors" run off screen.

I've all the settings(fast/nice and everything in between) and I've tried all the BIOS, but nothing seems to work. I've also tried using ePSXe 1.6, but that didn't do anything either. Anything else I can try?

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
You should consider in using ePSXe 1.7.0.
From what are you playing ISO or Disc ?
also post pc specs, plugins used and there configs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I used 1.7 the whole time except to change discs, when I had to revert to 1.6 for like 30 secs. Neither works. I'm using ISO.

Uh...
Vista
Athlon 4400 2.3 Ghz
2 GB Ram

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 6800/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: on [00000002]

And the core 1.7 for sound.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Well i dont see nothing in the config that would generate this problem, and since your problem is at a FMV sequence i suspect a bad iso try remaking it or playing from the CD

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
run it from the game disc, if the same thing happens it could mean your disc is damaged, if it doesnt happen then you probably just need to make a new image.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Definitely thinking corrupt image.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so I've tried my real discs, and they didn't work. Went out to borrow a friend's and his didn't work either. It's at the EXACT same spot with both of our games. Can save states become corrupted? Cause that's what I think it is. It's just a hunch. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
19 Posts
shinywatchguy, When you load savestate, you load ram with corrupted data from your image/disc. Load normal save and try. Also check image with CDMage for errors.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
shinywatchguy, When you load savestate, you load ram with corrupted data from your image/disc. Load normal save and try. Also check image with CDMage for errors.

More accurately, when you load a savestate, you load the data of the entire previous play, which essentially may contain corrupt data either through the use of codes, or simply incorrect memory mapping, which can occur with emulators.

Saving and loading a native save every once and a while is beneficial.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts