Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my Final Fantasy VII crashes when entering the battle against Rapps in Wutai on Disc 1, would anybody be able to finish the battle for me, and give me the save state? I'm using the NTSC version of the game, unfortunately my physical version of the CD is PAL...(and scratched to death).

Thanks, here's the state.

http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=01OBTCVP4D0DX23O6WU4KWNOKH

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Legal backup from the internet, my physical copy freezes up during the movie part in Cosmo Canyon and The Forgotten Capital on the second disc. Hence why I don't use it.

· Registered
232 Posts
Legal backup from the internet, eh?

hushypushy, is there a such thing?

what 'internet backup' service are you using to store your NTSC version (yet your originals are PAL)?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
_mr_m_ said:
Legal backup from the internet, eh?

hushypushy, is there a such thing?
It's perfectly legal as long as you own the original copy in your possession, which I do. I could even write out what is printed on the physical cd.

_mr_m_ said:
what 'internet backup' service are you using to store your NTSC version (yet your originals are PAL)?
I'm not sure what that means? But anyway, if you have nothing productive to add to the thread, please do not reply.

· Premium Member
8,394 Posts
aenimated said:
It's perfectly legal as long as you own the original copy in your possession, which I do. I could even write out what is printed on the physical cd.

I'm not sure what that means? But anyway, if you have nothing productive to add to the thread, please do not reply.
the only legal backup you are entitled to make is from your OWN cd. not one you downloaded off the net. we have a zero tolerance policy here on piracy.
either try and make an iso with your scratched disk (should of made a backup before you scratched them...) or buy a new copy

· Registered
232 Posts
true, you can have a backed up copy of a game you own.
HOWEVER:

you said that you PHYSICALLY OWN a copy of the PAL version.
you said that you have a BACKED UP copy of the NTSC version.

these may be the same game, but the region code makes them different.
thereby, this pretty much violates the rules of the forum, i daresay

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chrono Archangel said:
(should of made a backup before you scratched them...) or buy a new copy
Hah, I bought it like 5+ years ago, it would have taken most of my hard drive up.

A new copy would be good, however I can't find anywhere that stocks PAL versions.

· Registered
232 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrono Archangel
(should of made a backup before you scratched them...) or buy a new copy
if copied to the hard drive, it should only be around 1.8-2.0 GB, which isnt really too much in terms of hard drives right now.

as for buying it, try EBAY? i dont know, i buy all my games in person- it avoids all the shipping mess.

[im still thinking this thread is a little grey-area, but ill let hushypushy be the judge of that]

out of honesty, id help ya, but i just started the game myself, and i dont want to spoil the story

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
it's definitely against the rules, no grey area at all. chrono already stated that.

you bought the version you bought. you bought the rights to that one FF7, not every FF7 that exists in the universe. not to mention that you went back on what you said by even downloading a different region's game, well, even by your own logic you're wrong.

go buy FF7. i've seen it for less than 15 dollars brand new, and even less on ebay. there is no excuse to NOT legitimately own this game. since you are using an emulator, its fine to go and buy the NTSC version. it's a lot cheaper too.

and when you do get the game, check out this link: http://ri.essortment.com/cdcare_rvok.htm . seems like you need a little help learning to care for your things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.