Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm using a PSX disc to play FFVII because my ps1 system broke a while back. I'm using ePSXe to play it now but I'm running into problems frequently. Sometimes, my game would just spike (and the sound would loop for a few seconds) and other times, my game would just freeze totally. When it freezes it's either because its entering a new scene, and it would jsut be blank, and sometimes the game would seem normal, but nothing would happen. The music plays but nothing would move or anything.

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.17
Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]
Stretch mode: 0
Dither mode: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

Specs for my computer are:
AMD 3000+ cpu
1 GB ram
NVIDIA 6600gt

Am I using the wrong plugin?

(Also plz tell me if i need to put in anymore info)

·
Registered
654 Posts
The hitches are because the game is trying to read the CDROM and has to wait for it to spin up (real PS1s and PS2s keep the CDROM spinning all the time). The recommended fix for this is to make a disk image of the game (I prefer Alcohol 120% with the Playstation profile and CCD option) and then play from that using the Mooby2 CDR plugin.

The freezes...not sure. Might I suggest you try one of the existing configs posted earlier in these forums...use the search facility and put in "FF7" and "config". The config that's working for me is >>>HERE<<<.

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm, thx guys I'll try it. My gpu is updated to the latest already (I'm a gamer so i always keep it updated as much as possible :p). But how do we image it on with the "Playstation profile and CCD option"... is there an addon to alcohol?

Edit: got the playstation profile, but whats the CCD?
Edit2: nm got it all, thx =) gonna try it out now

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
try it on a differnet drive, if you have one. make sure to close down background processes and whatnot, you might have to leave your computer alone for a bit :x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.