Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
band
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ffviidarkcloud.freewebspace.com/

couldnt post the direct download site because of the nature of it (m3gagames >_<). but yea. i think this is some kinda fan sequel. didnt bother doing a thorough search to see if its already been posted (if i searched for "dark cloud"...u get the idea).

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well not posting a direct link to that one site has little effect when the page you now link to has a direct link to that site :p

I'm interested, but because of lack of time I'm not going to download and play it now. Perhaps after I heard some positive feedback on it :)

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
Well not posting a direct link to that one site has little effect when the page you now link to has a direct link to that site :p

I'm interested, but because of lack of time I'm not going to download and play it now. Perhaps after I heard some positive feedback on it :)

Well, sometimes we have to make sacrifices. :) The point of this thread is not in that site afterall, but on perfectly legal fan-made game shared on that... site... Aaawww crap im talking gibberish again...

I hope it becomes available in other places aswell, in case this link gets removed. Bittorrent?

·
Registered
61 Posts
ive been playin the game for a bit. it seems pretty good except for the fact that every few steps you take there is a random battle.
btw how do you get to the western continent

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
mg2 said:
ive been playin the game for a bit. it seems pretty good except for the fact that every few steps you take there is a random battle.
btw how do you get to the western continent

Ditto here. Im completely lost.

33mb for an Rm2k game? I smell ripped wavs and mpgs
There's no MPG's. And it uses mainly standard RTP graphics package including a hefty amount customs, and they must be included with that game, (or atleast files it uses. musics are midi and sound effects are very limited) so it can easily be beyond 30 megs. If you dont include them, only those with Rm2k can play it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The battles were crazy hard at first. If you get that unlimited Shiva item from the guy before you leave Midgar it gets easier. I'm also stuck, I can't get past the forest/cave southwest of Calm. It doesn't matter what combination of screens I go to, it either takes me back to the entrance or the swamp.

I did notice that there's 2 ways to start the game off. The first way is going thru Midgar with Cloud and getting to the graveyard to talk to Aeris. Once you get past the Sephiroth part, you'll get the party with Barret, Cid and Tifa.

But, if you don't go into Midgar and you go to the library to talk to Sephiroth instead, you'll get the split party. The library is directly north on the very first screen you start on. It'll start with Barret in a city, which I don't recall right now, looking for a Job. He doesn't find one so he goes to Nebilheim. It then switches over to Cid who meets with Cosmo. I can't remember what they're looking for but they also can't find it so they also decide to go to Nebilheim to meet up with Tifa. I decided not to go that route 'cause I figured I'd miss some of the story.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
om3gablue said:
The battles were crazy hard at first. If you get that unlimited Shiva item from the guy before you leave Midgar it gets easier. I'm also stuck, I can't get past the forest/cave southwest of Calm. It doesn't matter what combination of screens I go to, it either takes me back to the entrance or the swamp.

I did notice that there's 2 ways to start the game off. The first way is going thru Midgar with Cloud and getting to the graveyard to talk to Aeris. Once you get past the Sephiroth part, you'll get the party with Barret, Cid and Tifa.

But, if you don't go into Midgar and you go to the library to talk to Sephiroth instead, you'll get the split party. The library is directly north on the very first screen you start on. It'll start with Barret in a city, which I don't recall right now, looking for a Job. He doesn't find one so he goes to Nebilheim. It then switches over to Cid who meets with Cosmo. I can't remember what they're looking for but they also can't find it so they also decide to go to Nebilheim to meet up with Tifa. I decided not to go that route 'cause I figured I'd miss some of the story.

Aiiii! Id better to go restart game. I went on that library (and readed all books. Gives a good insight of story aswell and some FF7 lore), and now im with Tifa, Cid (his dialog kicks ass :evil: ), Nanaki and Barret and cannot find my way to western continent...

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
This game looks really interesting, judging from the comments made by you guys. I'll try it to see what's my impression. Thanks for the link, D.D.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm very into final fantasy series, I used to play them on nes emulator with my old k6-2
FFVII created by rpgmaker would be much more impressive than my toughts
so i'll give it a try and thanx for the link. :thumb:

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
om3gablue said:

I tried that graveyard route, and BELIEVE ME, its a bug path. You are not supposed to go there yet! You are alone, without party, and yet if you speak with some people, there will be comments by your "party members" THAT ARE NOT WITH YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE, so its a bug. Thats why some fights are insanely though, cuz you are not on proper level yet. In library route, most enemies you encounter are bats and snakes who barely scratch and so... The library is the correct route to start this game AFAIK.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well THAT sucks! Atleast I made a save right after the library path. It still doesn't make sense though. Cloud gets taken on both paths, it just starts your party at different places.

Geez, I spent a couple of hours leveling just to get past the forest area. I pushed them up into the 20s, to just now find out it's the wrong way. I was wondering why armor and weapons were 5000-30000 gil! I should have noticed that. I didn't even notice the comments thing until you pointed it out. Time to start over.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Yup. Im with Cid+Tifa+Barret+Nanaki on eastern continent (note to lost people, i believe the word western continent was a typo. Head to east, to Junon) looking for Cloud. When i was traveling to Junon i got Cloud talking to Aeris part with Aeris telling me to wait your friends arrive and he is doing that. Then we propably get that scene which you started in.

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
I finally got the chance to give the game a whirl and I must say... I'm very disappointed. It is one of the most poorly made Rm2k games I've seen. Nearly the whole thing runs off RTP, maps aren't connected properly, events are very bad, text poorly written. I didn't have the patience to play more than 5 minutes. Oh and there are absolutely no custom systems! No custom menu, no custom battle system, no custom sets!

GAH!

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Vanit said:
I finally got the chance to give the game a whirl and I must say... I'm very disappointed. It is one of the most poorly made Rm2k games I've seen. Nearly the whole thing runs off FTP, maps aren't connected properly, events are very bad, text poorly written. I didn't have the patience to play more than 5 minutes. Oh and there are absolutely no custom systems! No custom menu, no custom battle system, no custom sets!

GAH!

Its bug-ridden to death, but it has great potentional. I havent played too many Rm2K games, but this is best so far. Care to tell me few worth of checking out? :dance:

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
I highly recommend 'Kindred Saga'. Its one of the games that pioneered the Rm2k scene and custom systems. It is totally awesome and by playing this you'll see what potential the engine can reach. Unfortunately I don't have a link handy so I'll leave you to googling that.

I also made a small demo a while back called Project 19 which demonstrates the cinematic intensity that Rm2k can generate. I've attached my demo so you can see what I mean, please post comments if you like it. :)

Btw, before you run the game please use the Rm2k_fp.exe to install the correct fonts. Also halfway through the demo you will be asked to choose which event to see. Please choose "Follow Dr Mason" first, otherwise it doesn't work properly and the second event is half finished so if you get a black screen there (which you will) press F12 to return to the title screen to quit.

EDIT: Link not working, I'll upload it tomorrow.

·
Registered
61 Posts
to tell u the truth this is screwing up my final fantasy 7 experience now i cant remember the real story

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
There are very few RM2k games out there that are really worth checking out, But I can name one it's called "Dreamscape" by Syron.

This is the best game I've played so far by the system and I must say it's fairly customized (Majority of it's rip-off is from Rudra's Secret Treasure).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts