Next Generation Emulation banner

Which was the greatest game?

• Final Fanstasy VI

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Final Fanstasy VII

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • Chrono Trigger

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Screw you all! Sakura Taisen is the best!

Votes: 6 7.3%
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's time to settle this once and for all. I think the general consensus is that FFVI, FFVII, and Chrono Trigger are the 3 greatest games that Square ever made. So the question is, which one was truely the greatest of all?

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
The Sakura Taisen series wins hands down for two simple reasons:
1) Affable characters.
2) It is not another bloody RPG.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
We're talking Square here? anyway as much as I hate to say it I agree with Boltzmann :O even if his stupid constant caused troubles for me at the exams.

S

·
0 Posts
if there can be a Sakura Taisen poll option, then I'm for an option "racing games" ;p

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
We are not talking solely about Square... Sakura Taisen was created by Red Company (division of Sega)...

Samor said:
if there can be a Sakura Taisen poll option, then I'm for an option "racing games" ;p
See? This would be a good time to abuse your admin powers...

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
You are all wrong.:nono:
Embrace FFVII or else! :evil:
:joke:

Btw i can already see where this thread is going.
We will never have a winner.

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
The Captain said:
How can a dating sim even compare to ffvi, ffvii, or chrono trigger? I should have voted for you as the nutter of the year, Kaiser.
Isn't Sakura Taisen a SRPG???

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
The Captain said:
How can a dating sim even compare to ffvi, ffvii, or chrono trigger? I should have voted for you as the nutter of the year, Kaiser.
What do you seek on a RPG? Character development? Dating sims have that. What else? A big developed plot? Sakura Taisen (the four installments) has that. Gameplay? Once you play the ARMs system you will not want to play any other SRPG/Strategy game ever... if you have any further points please make them. I'd be more than gladly to counter them... ;)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
What do you seek on a RPG? Character development? Dating sims have that. What else? A big developed plot? Sakura Taisen (the four installments) has that. Gameplay? Once you play the ARMs system you will not want to play any other SRPG/Strategy game ever... if you have any further points please make them. I'd be more than gladly to counter them... ;)
Why don't you check the poll? That's my point.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Samor said:
I just put it there so Kaiser would have something to vote for, I didn't really intend it as a serious option...

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
The Captain said:
Why don't you check the poll? That's my point.
My, my, my... don't you know that Majority does not mean right? Just because the entire gaming community is closed minded to new experiences and choose to continuously praise an average saga of games doesn't necessarily mean that reality is 100% like that.

So... do you have any other point?

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
FFVII , Chrono trigger then FFVI . The 3 rock really , but FF7 is the best . I think FF7 made me , it changed my life , and i'm not ashamed when saying that .

Chrono trigger was so good and have touched that thing inside me called heart . But Still FFVII made me cry twice . CT made me about to cry once .

FFVI had the best music of the three , some are very unique and again changed my feelings towards life . I think these three are the best square games ever .

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well if I had to choose, it would be CT only because of the battle system. Personally I see both FFVI and CT are in equal. Although I can't vote twice I gave into CT.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I didn't care much for any of them ...

S

·
0 Posts
ok, Chrono Trigger it is then. Only one that wasn't overhyped to death, just almost.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Samor said:
ok, Chrono Trigger it is then. Only one that wasn't overhyped to death, just almost.
Lord of Darkness Samor what the hell are you doing? What's next? Buying the FFVII:AC movie? How the mighty have fallen...

1 - 20 of 110 Posts