Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello~

I made an image of FFT using Clone CD...

It works, but I just realize that I can't seem to learn any new abilities, the ability screen just remains greyed out enem though I have more than sufficient amoung to learn abilities...

Please help?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah, never mind, I pressed triangle on the character, and its there, I went straight to the ability screen instead, been years since I played this last, maybe you're not supposed to learn it from there ~_~

Oh, I can't seem to change the control config of the start button in ePSXe 1.6.0 to anything, everytime I press anything, it changes the square button to whatever I press it to, and the Start button rermains to be V, any solutions?

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
This is tricky. Try not using TAB or ENTER when using the pad config for ePSXe.
Use a frontend to replace the bulit-in plugin for ePSXe. If you can, go to REGEDIT and edit the values there.

Try not double-posting though...There is an EDIT button for you to add additional infomation.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Bingo...your frontend is one of the best out there. Familerise yourself with the program and come back here if you need any help.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Heiji, you can try pressing and holding the button, select another box, and then release the button. Do that with all the boxes. I had a similar problem with my pad and solved it like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No no, my problem is not with a pad, I just want toassign the start button to enter, but when I do that, it changes r3, not square, sorry, to enter instead...

Oh, I downloaded "Segu's Key plugin DX7", is there any way to use this plugin without the frontend? Seems a bit much to use that with just a plugin...

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
No, you can't use pad plugins with ePSXe windows version, neither alone nor with any frontend. If you want to assign enter to a button, you'll either have to find an external app to configure it (wich exists, but whose name i can't recall), or edit the registry with regedit (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\epsxe\config\Keys1 stores your current control's configuration). You need to know the scancodes to do that, check them here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, thanks...

I ended up just testing each button setting in the registry ~_~

Here it is using the default button config, I only wanted to change the Enter button, which is number 28... And this is digital only...

Lef Rig Up Dow Tr Ci X Sq L1 L2 R1 R2 St Se L3 R3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts