Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
haha, me again. after a little working around with difrent teams i managed to find a winning comboniation of suport and combat. so, everyone haveing counter isnt a realy big issue anymore. but...

at the shop's buy menu, certain spots(and sometimes random at some stores) the emulator will either slow to a halt, or blink black for a while and recover. when i can leave the store, but with bad graphical ater effects where i have to close the emulator(i just now thought to see if i can re-enter the menu again, i'll come back later) so far, it has only happend untill chapter 3, and only at the southern most cities (ive bought from a city with no problems). ive tryed changeing to the built in sound plugin, and throne some setting down on petes plugin but no change.

ePSXe(1.60):
video: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6 (compatability settings maxed)
sound: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 (defult config)
cdrom: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2 (defult config)
running from: .ISO
extra: psx emulation cheater 2.5 (for the record, i only used its built-in money cheat)

system:
2.2ghtz amd athlon xp
radeon 9800XT (catalyst, 4.10)
512mb ddr
windows XP
ac'97 on-board sound

[edit,update: when i can back out of the buy menu, and expiriance the graphical glitches, it wil continue to crash]

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
try not using PEC and see what happens. what did you make the ISO with? also, post your settings for OGL2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
disableing PEC has no effect. Im not sure what you mean by OGL2, so, i'll sumize the plugins seting and driver setings.

plugin-
mode: windowed, 640x480 32-bit. keep psx aspect ratio checked.
textures: all dropdowns are 0 and i set vram to 128. pixel shader is unchecked.
framerate: use FPS limit checked. FPS limit 60.
compatability: 2 3 2 (down the list)
full screen filters:all boxes unchecked and flicker-fix border 0
misc: all unchecked

driver setting-
AA: aplication preferance
anisotrophic filter: 16x
catalyst A.I.: high (what is this? never seen/heard about it...)
mipmap: quality
trueform: always off
vsynch: off, unless application preferance
smartshader: none
OGL-tripple buffering, unchecked
OGL-force 24-bit z-buffer depth, unchecked

game media-(ugh, please dont ban)
to be honest, its a .bin with a .cue attached. i do know know its origin. the first fft disk i had was the original i bought when it was released. i lost it during a move, and i havnt been able to find anything but the broken cd-case and manual (i have a nasty habit of leaving cd's in a orderly pile on various furnature). after i got nostalgic and realized this i tore up everything at my room looking for the lost disk, out of defeat i continued with my little life. after a while finantial opertunities arose, and i found a rarely sold greatist hits eddition of final fantasy tactics, and bought it. uppon discovering the bug in afformention posts, i got mad because i was getting absolutly noware, and i was unable to play my long lost favorite game that i once played for DAYS ON END, that i have some fond memories playing. so out of rage i fed the cd to my chair leg and exploded the disk. now skip ahead a few months, where i get ths bright idea to try a emulator. and well, here i am. i understand warez is totaly wrong... but i bought it two times already, and i dont even think i can still find a copy in town anymore(as well as limited financial status). i understand if i am banned from this moment onward... but please... all i want to do is play one of my favorite games...

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
So you know it's ilegal on this boards, but maybe you didn't read thoroughly the part about [rules]"no tolerance"[/rules]. Sorry pal, but the "no warez" policy is just one of the reasons to disregard discussion over d/l material. There's no way to know if the iso you have is a working one, so helping you might serve nothing if it's a screwed one. This thread is now closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.