Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my problem. For the last few days I have been trying to get FFIX on my computer, and with every time I tr1y, It always crashes. I have tried basically every plugin mentioned here (with the exception of a internal CD drive, and if any one has one please post it.)

When ever I try to play it on Disk one it does one of two things. 1) I see the squar logo, which then leads to a infinite black screen, or 2) I see green squised letters and hear messed up music. If I wait long enough I see a real slow version of the fmv( I think) in the 1/5 of the left-hand of the screen. Whats real odd is I can use disk 2-4. This is why I think I have a problem with the movies (mdecs?)

I have even tried making a iso.

My Specs: 500 P3
TnT video card
Generic CDrom (duno what kind)
192 ram
Dx 8.0
psx 1.40
( and in a fit of frustration I have even tried other emulators)

I would list my average settings for the plugins but I have tried many different versions/types and to no avial.

Any help would be apprieciated.

PRIZE: First person to fix my problem becomes my patrin god and gets my first born son

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I'll try to answer your question, but no prizes please. ;) I don't want that kinda prize.

Anyways, I know exactly what the problem is, you are using the wrong emulator! You have the NTSC version, because you confirmed that disc's 2,3,4 ran but you were expirencing MDEC problems. This could only mean one thing...you are using FPSE

Also, that 1/5 screen MDEC problem is something I've ONLY encountered with FPSE 0.9 not ePSXe 1.4.0. Also, why are you asking for the "internal plugin" for epsxe? It something you can't download because it's built-in! :rolleyes:

anyways, download the correct emulator from this site.

also download the lastest video drivers for your video card too.

nvidia.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by liquid
Anyways, I know exactly what the problem is, you are using the wrong emulator! You have the NTSC version, because you confirmed that disc's 2,3,4 ran but you were expirencing MDEC problems. This could only mean one thing...you are using FPSE
I used many different emulators and I have seemed to mix up which bugs happended in which ones. But I do know for a fact I used ePSXe. When I used the said program It would show the Square title then lock up with a black screen. When I used FPSE I got screwed up at the same point, so I thought they were related.

Also, that 1/5 screen MDEC problem is something I've ONLY encountered with FPSE 0.9 not ePSXe 1.4.0. Also, why are you asking for the "internal plugin" for epsxe? It something you can't download because it's built-in! :rolleyes:
I am rather new to the PSX emulation and this is my first game. I surfed the board last night and tried anything thing that sounded relivent. I heard one guy say "get a internal CDrom plugin' or something to that nature. Not knowing better I thought it was an option.

anyways, download the correct emulator from this site.

also download the lastest video drivers for your video card too.

nvidia.com
done

and for plugins for both ems, I have tried almost every thing but have most with petes.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Ok if you are using windows 2000, do not use pete's CDR plugin, it will not work since win2000's ASAPI layer (undelying code which controlls CDrom funtions) are different from win98/me.

Also, do not use pete's Direct Sound if you have windows 2000. Direct Sound seems to work differently from win98/me

here are the recommended setting for FF9

Internal Epsxe 1.4.0 Win2k ASAPI driver (for win 2k)
or
Internal Epsxe 1.40 win9x APAPI driver (for win98/me)*
Requires extra configuration

Null's 1.35 SPU
Buffer:40
Block:5
Force Vag 48k: On
Enable tone-cache: ON
Enable VAG stream: ON
Linear Interpolation:ON

Sound options
Enable Sound:ON