Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok I'm at school on f*cking netscape... If I double post sorry!... Why do I get an error when I apply the patch to make FFIX playable? It says the file is corrupt when I try to load VGS after the patch and that windows cna't load it because it is corrupt... any ideas?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i believe that psytechs patch will only work on either the mod patches vgs or a clean one..i cant really remember which..

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok here's what happens.. I have a totally ORIGINAL verwsion of the VGS file.. I apply the patch and poof it's done and then I try to run it and it says the file is corrupt and that windows cannot load it... any ideas?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
get the games.txt patch then, and place it in your vgs directory.
if that doesnt work, try aldos res patch. it will allow you to turn on/off various patches for vgs, including the ff9 patches

·
Registered
6 Posts
hmmmm.. dosent that FPSE developer or whatever admitted that FFiX runs perfect with FPSE? I read an article or something but I haven't tried though...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I finally got it to work last night.. I was patching the wrong file... the VGS 1.4 not 1.41 hehe oops..... Anyway it works.. I also got FFIX working on AdriPSX But that's another story..

C

·
0 Posts
Try using epsxe for ffIX. Use one of pete's plugins and make sure you have off screen drawing to stander to see the menu. I've never found any problems with ffIX on epsxe, it works really well.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i tried using games.txt instead of the psytek patch and it messes up the fight menus r u guys having the same probs?

my ffix is in NTSC

1 - 16 of 16 Posts