Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything works in FFIX so far except the battle entrances. I just get a black screen until I am actually in the battle. How do I fix this so I can see the battle entrances?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
This effect is called framebuffering, but u need a powerful computer to run it correctly tough....
Well, here s the way w/ pete s OGL or D3D plugins

U have to put the Full vram primitives on (slow down the game a lot), choose emulated vram(slows down too) or gfx card buffer (faster than emulated VRAM) and activate the offscreen drawing.
Of course ur game will be very slow....

U have a new option since the 1.50 called Framebuffer read
but don t enable it w/ ff9....
It ll hang out ur computer...

When i was playing ff9, I was just playing as u.
No such effects, keep the black framebuffer in this pannel...
It s not that imoortant though...(heh)

Bye

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
whats your system specs? If you got a geforce then enable graphics card buffer in petes ogl pluggin and offscreen drawing to 2,3, or 4.... You do need a fast computer or those transitions will slow down a lot... If you got a voodoo, set framebuffer to "write" or "read/write" and off screen drawing to "FULL" in lewpys glide pluggin config...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Rargh
This effect is called framebuffering, but u need a powerful computer to run it correctly tough....

Bye
hmm? I didn't think mine was so powerful but it runs the FF9 battle transition just fine, no slowdown at all (don't ask me why... I honestly have no idea). The FF8 transition takes it right down to 15FPS though :eek:

celeron 466
256MB RAM
3dfx voodoo4 AGP
creative labs SB16

using pete's D3D GPU

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
The FF8 battle transition isn't based on the same effect as FF7/9 ones.
It's hard to make in harware,that's why it's slow.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
well rigsta,

I have noticed that using lewpys glide pluggin, the framebuffer effects before battles are fast... Faster than using petes pluggins... It is no suprise though considering We got voodoo cards... And the FF8 framebuffer effects don't slow down my system one bit... I have a tbird 1000, voodoo 5 5500 agp....

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
And the FF8 framebuffer effects don't slow down my system one bit
DAMN!
How much time will I have to tell it:
THE FF8 TRANSITION ISN'T A FRAMEBUFFER EFFECT!

It's running fullspeed for you cause of your CPU.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
ummmm..actually it is a framebuffer effect...the frame is frozen then systematically stretched to give a drip effect. It's all done in frame buffer though...
Just because an effect will show up using other methods (Like off screen drawing settings) doesn't mean it's not a frame buffer effect. Different PSX games use different levels of complexity and different programming tricks to achive basically the same effect. Lewpy and Pete both have to allow for those through the software, hence off screen drawing will produce the swirl effect of CB:Warped, while you have to have Frame buffering active to achive the same type of effect with FF9.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It's hard to get a turn based rpg for pc , but there are variety of this type of game on psx....but playing ff8 on emulator is not a wise choice unless you have the old ff8 cd for your psx!!!Just a poor opinion...but someone are able to make battle screen transition without slowdown?this sure is cool!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts