Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to put old home movies on DVD-R. This is great with its video filtering tools. If you have video files that need filtering try this. (Postprocessing is just for stating out. other tools inside can increase quality even more!) I know some good configurations if anyone needs more help.

Three new editions are available. special EXE's for SSE and SSE2 capable CPUs and a generic one for all others.

-Data-
ffdshow is DirectShow and VFW codec for decoding/encoding many video and audio formats, including DivX and XviD movies using libavcodec, xvid and other opensourced libraries with a rich set of postprocessing filters.
-data-

get the new builds (ffdshow-alpha 20041012, sse, sse2) here --------> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Yes, ffdshow has great post-processing filters such as awrapsharp and blur, which will help bad encodes look better :) Takes a bit of processing power if you enable it though, but it's still good nonetheless

Yours,
-Elly

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
エッリー said:
Yes, ffdshow has great post-processing filters such as awrapsharp and blur, which will help bad encodes look better :) Takes a bit of processing power if you enable it though, but it's still good nonetheless

Yours,
-Elly
OT Question: What are best settings for warpsharp? It makes colors fecked up badly, and i do not find any good settings. I just use asharp with highquality block filtering, but it pronounces edges too much.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
MaZa said:
OT Question: What are best settings for warpsharp? It makes colors fecked up badly, and i do not find any good settings. I just use asharp with highquality block filtering, but it pronounces edges too much.
depends on the video you are watching, if that video was wrapsharped during encoding, then you dont need to use FFdshow wrapsharp. Nonetheless, a bit of sharpening is all you need, otherwise you ll get EE noise ;)

Yours,
-Elly

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
I disabled Chroming, and green hue problem is solved and set warpsharp blur to 1. Looks SOOO good. I just hestitated to disable some features in belief that it keeping them on makes it look better. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.