Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much Final Fantasy Chronicles will be compatible with EPSXE? I really want to play it, but I don't have a PSX!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Brumbek

I just got the game, and both FFIV and CT work fine for me. So go buy it!

PIII 800
GeForce2
SB Live
384 ram

·
Insane Linux Advocate
289 Posts
Well CT works flawlessly for me, but for some reason when I try to play FFIV any of the story scenes that are on the overhead map (the airships at the first, Rydia's call magic vs Cecil and Kain closing the path back to Mist, etc) don't show the world map underneath. There are a few more minor graphics glitches. I fiddled with the settings a bit but couldn't get it to work right... (I don't have the particulars available to me right now, but I'm using epsxe 1.4.0, OpenGL plugin, W2K/WinNT CD drivers). Anyone else get this problem with FFIV?

CT is perfect, though :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, I can see the world map fine, but the sprites such as tables and treasure chests have problems. They show black around them instead of being transparent...

·
Insane Linux Advocate
289 Posts
Yeah, that's one of the graphic glitches I was talking about... I can kinda live with that, though, but this world map thing is strange. It doesn't happen when you are walking around the world map normally, only when some event is happening that would need to show the world map under it (like the airship sequence at the beginning or when Rydia's call magic blocks the path back to Mist, like I said). The sprites on top show but the map underneath doesn't.

Only plugin that this works in that I have tested (I don't have access to Glide, i have a GF3) is Software mode, and it's kinda flickery (and the black boxes around objects is still there too).

Oh well :) it works pretty good otherwise... just some minor things :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts