Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to all this and have tried searching but i can't seem to find the answer. I started FF9 and get though the intro and when i get to the home screen I select "NEW GAME". I get a black screen and still hear sound, when I try moving around it sounds like footsteps but Im not sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
PEOpS Soft, or Pete's OGL2 if your display device supports it.

Although at the very first start, the room is dark. So move forward and you should see some exclamation popup or something. If you do, then you would need to adjust the brightness and contrast of your screen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried Petes OGl2 and PEOpS soft and its not working i know the keyboard is working because it works on the main menu, so thats not the issue. Im lost as to what else to try any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am taking the disk in to have it cleaned tomorrow and then i will try to recreate the .iso if that doesn't work then i will post a screen shot. What would you like the screen shot of?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
a shot of your config for whatever video plugin you are currently using.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Indeed, is completely black. That is odd.

Since you said to have been able to reach the start screen, then is likely to be an error with the image. Try again from the disc if you got it back already.

Also, update to ePSXe v1.7.0 if not using it already, and disable all game fixes on the OGL Plugin (then uncheck game fixes). Although for testing purposes, keep using PEOpS Soft.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Rip the disk using CloneCD, and mount it on DT, read it using sapu cdr

·
Registered
16 Posts
try to reach the Alexandrie moment with null plugin, then make a savestate, restart the emulator, change again the plugin for one that you think it works and load the savestate.
Lets us know if that way worked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If your game is PAL, i could send you a savestate, otherwise you'll have to ask somebody else.

Today i had a problem with FFIX (see my post not far from yours), i tried many plugins, then i tried to play the crashing scene on an other version of epsxe. I was 1.6, i tried on 1.5.2 and then it worked! Maybe (if nobody else already gave you this advice) you should try with an other version of epsxe, the 1.5.2 seems to be the best for FFIX

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.