Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chocobo issue was resolved by taking the file off my original CD. So I have done the same for every disc. I had never done so before, so at least I am learning something.

However, when riding a chocobo, I notice that when I am on the world map there is some slow down. Noticible, but the game is still playable. If possible, I would like to remove the slowdown without loosing any graphic quality. My settings are as follows:

Plugin: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: RADEON X700 Series

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 1
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: on
- Screen smoothing: on
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000a00]

Which can I turn off or lower to improve game speed without sacrificing graphics? Thank you.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
k, you shouldnt have slowdown, go to www.ati.com and get the newest drivers. with that card, you can use OGL2. check out http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?p=763330#post763330 for an OGL2 FF9 config.

and what is the deal with your special fixes..? a00 what the crap is that? maybe hexadecimal but that'd be 1000 and why the hell would you have "expand screen width" on..

in any case, don't use D3D, ESPECIALLY DX6.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right. I'm using Delta2 v2.01, which is an autoconfig for ePSXe that I have found quite helpful and useful. This is my first foray into PSX emulation in a number of years, so I'm not up to speed quite yet.

I'm going to check the suggestions you make, Hushypushy, and see if that helps.

Thanks.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
oh yeah, turn odd/even bit hack off.

Hatman: D3D doesnt have proper subtractive blending, therefore some stuff doesnt show. it's just the nature of Direct3D and how even though it's technically DX7 it doesnt completely support DX7. the OGL plugin does though.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it. Working great now. I had to leave Internal X Resolution set to 1: High, because it was causing the game to crash on boot-up using 2: Very High.

I still experience some slow down with certain spells and effects (multi-target spells, and the boss at the end of the Grotto when he casts the Silent Voice retaliation and the screen distorts, it goes very slow). I suspect this has something to do with the fact that I have applied smooth shaders and set to medium, because I enjoy the look of it. But nothing I am too concerned with.

Thanks for the help.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hatman said:
rofl, damn. When i saw hushy give you the link to his guide i thought i should tell you about X Res. But i wasn't sure if the X-series can do it or not. Baka me. :rolleyes:
No worries my friend! It had me stumped for all of 25 seconds. I knew exactly which settings changed from my last (working) config, so no big deal.

Thanks just the same! :thumb:

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Hatman said:
rofl, damn. When i saw hushy give you the link to his guide i thought i should tell you about X Res. But i wasn't sure if the X-series can do it or not.
uhhh...

teh guidez0r said:
Internal resolutions should be kept both at 2 if you have a GeForce FX or GeForce 6xxx. this is also appropriate for Geforce4 Ti(NOT MX). if you experience slowdowns, turn it to 2/1, 1/2, or 1/1. if you have a Radeon 9xxx, you'll need to turn set the Internal X to 1, else it wont run. if you have a geforce4 and XP, you'll need to turn the GF4 crash fix on.
i guess i should change it to ANY ATI CARD EVER MADE to make it clear. meh, ill chagne it now.

PS. glad you like the new ava/sig combo :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.