Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Assuming you're using an emulator with a plug-in interface, which GPU are you using? If it's Lewpy's, you have to turn "Experimental Screen Flipping" on. You'd probably get other opinions if you were to post in your emulator's particular forum.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am found a vgs that runs ff9 from some chinese site. not the greatest graphics because you can't set the GPU driver
what drivers should i use for epsxe?

·
Registered
513 Posts
>what drivers should i use for epsxe?
I'm assuming you're wondering what plugins to use. What kind of video card do you have? If it's anything by 3dfx use Lewpy's Glide, Geforce-based cards should be used with Pete's D3D or Glide GPUs. Though I've only seen a few postings about Radeons, most people seem to use Pete's also. The mileage you get with another card can vary greatly. If you haven't any of the above see what kinds of details you can gather and ask the board about it.

PS> If you really *were* asking about drivers, I'd suggest using whatever the latest are from your hardware's manufacturer.

C

·
0 Posts
Recommended plugins can be found in the Unofficial FAQ at PSXEmu...

Speaking of which, I'm working on revision 2.0.0 of that FAQ..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the caching type standard and the offscreen drawing 4 extended? It ran a lot slower. If the cd driver speed is slow, will it be faster playing the iso?

·
Registered
513 Posts
>If the cd driver speed is slow, will it be faster playing the iso?
You'll most likely notice a considerable difference in running from an ISO. It seems to take care of a few lock-up problems too.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
ehe
why dont u bauy 1 GB DDram and put the ISO there? it would be a LOT faster :D :D :D
ehehehehhehehehehehhe...
oh, someone said this b4 me, i can remeber who...

S

·
0 Posts
Why not post your system specs and the plugins you're using, if you are using ePSXe. If not, then the recommended emulator to play FF 9 US NTSC version is ePSXe. It can be got from the download page of www.psxemu.com Then you should check out all the FAQs which are located at psxemu.com You can also get the plugins necessary to run the games here as well. After you have got the emulator, read the FAQs, and got some plugins, if you are still having problems, then as I said, post your sytem specs and the plugins that you are using. Then we will be able to help you better.
VGS is a fine program, but you need a patch to run FF 9 on it. You can find the patch and any others you may require, at www.aldostools.com Also keep in mind that VGS will play FF 9 as if it were on an actual PSX at 320x240 resolution. Where ePSXe, using the graphics plugins, plays it at a much higher resolution giving, in my opinion, a much more enhanced and enjoyable game to play.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My system specs-intel celeron 600 mhz, ati rage fury pro 32 mb graphics card, panasonic 10x dvd drive, sound blaster live
i use petes d3d GPU plug-in

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks YAR it works fine except when I start battles, it gets a bit slow. I guess I need a faster CD Drive.
How can I turnthe CD into iso? I don't have cd burner.

·
Registered
513 Posts
>when I start battles, it gets a bit slow
It's like that for most people, so it's not really something to get stressed over ;)

>How can I turnthe CD into iso? I don't have cd burner.
You don't really need one, as a normal CD-Rom drive will work just fine. You need an ISO Dumping utility like Isobuster or a general purpose program like CDRWin or BlindRead/Write.

You can find ISOBuster (which is free) at
http://users.pandora.be/smart.projects/isobuster.htm

You can also consult the FAQ for more information, not to mention past threads on the board.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts