Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums and haven't found anyone else with this problem.
I'm currently at the beginning of disk 3, right after the cutscene with dr. tot, garnet etc. talking about the coronation when the screen goes black while changing to the next scene. I can hear music in the background but no image shows. I've tried tweaking the graphics settings, trying it on version 1.60 instead of 1.52, using cd instead of iso, all to no avail. My assumption is there is something wrong with cd3 as everything else has gone smoothly b4.

Looking at a walkthrough, the scene is supposed to be zidane in an inn while vivi,marcus etc. go to see ruby's play.

I've tried looking for memcard/savestates after the scene and while the game seems to be fine after that, however the saves that i have found are full of hacked up chars etc. which i would rather not play. If possible could someone plz wait past that cutscene and save it for me? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well make sure to always use ePSXe 1.5.2 with FF9... are you using save states? what plugins are you using?

if you still cant get it to work, ill try it tomorrow morning myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess i should have posted my settings before, although i kinda forgot what they were exactly previously since i mucked around with them a bit.

This is what i'm currently using:
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: RIVA TNT/AGP

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
[16 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: off

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: on
- 15 bit FB: on
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

My comps a bit slow, a pII 350 but the game speed is acceptable.

I just tried to get it going again but still getting nowhere. I used to use save states until i saw that they had problems and so switched to using memcard only. (unfortunately this was already half way through disc 2)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
what drivers are you using? there's a chance that you'll need to revert to older drivers to get it to work smoother. also, try filling in how much Vram you have (16 mb IIRC, could be wrong).

what other plugins are you using? you might want to make an ISO so that'd run faster. also, you can use a plugin like Eternal Lite that takes up less CPU.

lastly, have you tried simply waiting? press Delete to see how many FPS you're getting. the problem might be that it's simply going too slow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By drivers do u mean these? Sorry, I am kinda newbie. Yeah I have 16mb of Vram
Video-Pete's D3D Driver 1.75
Sound-Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.15
CD-rom-ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2.

I am currently running from an Iso. I dun think its Cpu speed thats the problem cos CD1 and 2 had no problems at all whatsoever apart from some random crashes which would be easy to get past once i rebooted the computer.

I've tried waiting and pressing delete. Framerate is going supposedly at around 34 fps. I've just noticed that the sound is probably going a bit faster than normal... but after waiting for approx 5 mins the game just crashes. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basically i still think its the cd, but i can't see any scratches on it :(. I loaded up one of the memcards I downloaded and played on for a bit from the point where u control Vivi in Alexandria and seems like there is no problems there. Just that one bit thats screwing up. Most annoying thing is its not an fmv or anything either as far as i know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just tried it on my brothers laptop which is a lot faster, still no go.

Can anyone try it with the memcard I have up top and send it back?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Keffola and Avion, try to avoid multiple posting in a row, there's an edit buttonm for that. Keffola, i think you could get better results setting framebuffer texture to 0 and framebuffer access to 4... that's it, if you still wanna make it work.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
When using the settings I-Chan provided, anything framebuffer related would run very slow with that CPU so only use it when you need to.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
true, didn't notice that :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts