Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read through all the FFIX topics and couldn't find any help with what they offered, so I figure having people help me directly works better.

Anyways, here we go. Whenever I get into Triple Triad or open the menu, the game lags hellishly. If in a shop I go past the initial menu to actually try to buy something, the game inches along as if severely lagged. These are my settings.

What's the matter and what do I need to do to fix it, please?

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Knowing your computer's specs would be helpful pls.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Erf. I left out I was using the CD.

And.. specs? *illiterate in such matters, will find them if told where they are, though*

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Your processor's brand, model and speed; videocard brand and model, and optionally the amount of ram it has; system ram amount. You can get that info from the directx diagnostics tool. Go to start menu, click on 'run', input dxdiag on th white box, hit enter. A dialig will appear within some seconds, you can take the infor from there. The videocard info will be in the display tab.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nevermind. Found the problem after trial and error. Needed to unselect 'No Render To Texture'.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Set the audio out method to SPUasync and the async mode to Simple. Personally I use a buffer size of 60-64 but it varies per computer; raise it if it makes staticky/crackly noises, lower it if it lags. Also, don't double post. Edit your previous post instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts