Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Ive been using emulators for a while and have been playing a UK Pal ff9.
Anyway, i died and stopped playing one day. When i came back, when I load the ISO that has been patched, it loads the patch screen/region selector screen as per normal.. (its the hooligans ppf btw)

But i cant do anything. It doesnt seem to be picking up any control inputs.
Ive tried everything. Other games still work and ive tried multiple plugin settings, bios and versions of epsxe. :(

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated so i can continue playing.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Anyway, i died and stopped playing one day. When i came back...
Phew, good to know you made it back okay. I knew Jesus wasn't that special, if some random kiwi can pull it off.

Anyway, I think the simplest way to solve this is just to rip the game again with subchannel data. That way, you don't even have to use the patch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Haha, yes.. maybe my wording wasn't too flash there..

Yeah that sounds like a plan. I ripped it onto my comp about three years ago.. mostly because I was lending it to my friend more than planning on emulation. And ive never got it back. :(

If that is going to be the only solution/the reason this is happening, ill just have to buy a new copy. So you think its a corrupt iso or something of the sort? The wierd thing is that all 4 discs are doing the same thing.

Thanks for the help though pushy. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm.. small update. I just ran ff7 from CD and the controls dont seem to be working for that either. Yet if i run my ff8 from an iso, theyre working fine.

Plus, i can go into gamepad config and adjust the button configs.. it picks it up fine. Im perplexed. That might help if anyone has any ideas on that angle? :)

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
turn off the analog movement, FF7 doesnt have support for it.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
If that is going to be the only solution/the reason this is happening, ill just have to buy a new copy. So you think its a corrupt iso or something of the sort? The wierd thing is that all 4 discs are doing the same thing.

Thanks for the help though pushy. Any other ideas?
Well, if you already patched the ISO and it's acting up, then I would just try a different emulator or try loading the ISO in a different way (Mooby's CDR plugin, or mount the ISO in a virtual drive and go to Run CD). Or find that friend and demand your discs back!

By the way, press F5 in game to change between Analog/Digital. That'll help in FF7.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay I solved it thanks to you guys.

I had tried turning off analog in the emu and that hadnt worked. What was happening was, the driver I was using to get my DS3 to work in 64bit win 7, was specifying that it was infact an analog controller which seemed to be causing the trouble. So i changed that to a digital only controller and it seems to have done the trick :)

The wierd thing is i had never touched that part of the driver software and it had been working fine.. just stopped suddenly. So who knows why, but its working.

Thanks very much for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.