Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been running ff9 for the last few days and have been just putting up with this bug. the game will sometimes freeze and the audio will start looping and i can't do anything. if i press f4 it unfreezes for 1 second then resets the game (back to titlescreen). i've tried using 3 different sound plugins, all of pete's plugins, and even different cdrom settings. i've tried running the game from the cd, and in iso form.

to get around this i have just been making savestates every 10 minutes, and when it happens, i keep loading till i get lucky and it gets through. it seems to happen only at times when it's telling the story and i just have to sit back and read. like when you win the festival and you're talking to the king... or when you enter the gate and find the black mages in there...

any help?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops... i meant to say 'tried all of petes video plugins'...

anyway, as soon as i posted it, it got worse... freezing every 5 mins... seems just random as well... this sucks =|

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems like i'm the only one posting to this thread... but hey, here's my settings if that helps someone to tell me what's goin on =\

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i know i'm probably just talking to myself, but i'm on cd2 now... and i just noticed that with the above settings, i get no sound in the movie parts...

shoot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem. And there isn't one clear way to fix it. It seems to lockup not based on any plugin you use for video, sound, or cd, right? I've had that problem since I upgraded to 1.2.0 and I still haven't fixed it yet. But some people have fixed it by doing 2 things: upgrading both the soundcard and videocard drivers. My guess is you are using a SB Live and/or GeForce cards. Just try updating the drivers and see if that helps.

You can try several different video ones. Some people claim to have fixed it by updating to the nVidia 6.50 drivers, some with thr 7.xx divers, and one person even with the 11.01 drivers. I've tried every driver version up to the latest 12.00 drivers and they don't help. But maybe you'll have some luck on it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
It happend on my system, too... but only at disc 1.
Dunno if I changed any of my hardware drivers after disc 1, though.
Well, because of that "F4" effect, I think it's some main emu timing
issue...

·
Registered
5 Posts
The game worked just fine with 1.0.1. But after I upgraded to 1.2.0 it started locking up. But the funny thing is, even if I completly uninstall 1.2.0 (delete registry entries and everything) and reinstall 1.0.1, the lockups still occur.

What also happens is after you hit F4 to return to the main screen, if you try to pull up a memcard save, it plays about 2 or 3 notes of music and then goes back to the startup screen. It's really weird.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, you're right, i am using a tnt2 ultra card with 7.59 drivers... i had tried 10.80 i believe, but i had to stop using them because it screwed up other stuff. i'm having a feeling that it is an audio problem, so i'm going to try installing liveware 3.0 right now. i haven't even updated sound drivers since i reinstalled... actually i'm using windowsxp, mabye that's helping the problem =\

and yea, i don't think i've seen a freeze yet on cd2...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ps, do not install win2k drivers for live!ware 3.0 in windowsxp... i have no sound now =|

·
Entity Alpha
75 Posts
If someone can help me, too, it would be great.

I am on Disc 3, and near the beginning, when Zidane and his group crosses the river on the boat to meet Garnet, and then comes the scene with Steiner grabbing Eiko, all the graphics and text gets all screwed up... Is this an emulator related problem or CD related problem?

I'm going to go try the newest version...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts