Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I gave my friend the two plugins that work just fine for me (Pete's OpenGL 1.74, and Eternal 1.41). He configured everything exactly like mine (including the special game fixes). Everything worked perfectly until he got into the first battle. The only problem video wise, is that there is no battle menu/attack selection box, it's completely normal except those 2 things are missing. The problem sound wise, is that it echoes continuously(just during the battle). I gave him a few other plugins and he got the same results. Is it possible he has a corrupt/bad game file?(.cdi burned onto cd) Any help is appreciated!! :)

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
Well, if you could post his system specs, that'd be helpful. I'm guessing he has a reverb setting on the sound plugin that is acting all kooky or something.

As far as the video is concerned, I think he needs to mess with his framebuffer settings. Check to see if he has the FF9 fix checked in the video too.

Also check to see that proper FF9 sound fixes are checked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He got the video part fixed by trying all of the different framebuffer settings, but the sound is still messed up. He tryed using all of the reverb settings on the sound plugin and the same thing happened. He has an NVIDIA nForce Audio if it helps.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
bungmonkey said:
. Is it possible he has a corrupt/bad game file?(.cdi burned onto cd)
Then he should try remaking the ISO from the original CD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts