Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im playing ffix off an iso of my original game and ive tested alot of settings but cant seem to find one that covers all the bases.
my comp is a laptop with
P M 2.6ghz
1 gig of ram
and gforce 6800 card

now i tried the settings here:
http://forums.ngemu.com/plugin-ques...54347-my-best-config-ogl2-ff9.html#post763330

and i get like 25-30fps when i get to the continue game screen...
i played with it a little and kinda got it to the point where i got it to stay around
59 but when i enter battles it lags.... and sometimes when people cast magic it gets really slow like.. down to 40something so basically i was just wondering if someone could recomend settings to help fix that slowdown i dont really mind how it looks as long as its decent
thanks
*edit* im stupid wrong number in the title mybad...

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
what drivers are you using?

make sure, since you have a laptop, all the powersaving features are off and/or you're plugged into the wall

PS. i fixed the title

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was using opengl2.6
and eternal spu 1.41
just the way they looked on that other thread.... suppose i should try 2.8?
oh yea im also running in windowed mode at 800x600 if that makes a differnce

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just tried the configuration above and on the world map i was getting like 35-45 and in battle at the start it was pretty good... then went a little down to like 45 then back up.... i mean this is a powerful computer is there something else that could be casuing it? i have another computer (desktop) that i ran the other settings with and it works fine 0 slowdown...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
after comparing the settings i was using to a friends laptop which is slower and hes runs fine which leads me to believe it must be a setting on the computer.... its semi new so i suppose the hunt begins again..
(edit) i changed my theme back to normal and closed all other programs... and im still stumped... anyone any ideas?
-edit 2- i am stumped i have no idea why things are running slow... i just dont understand i also tried using ssspsx and i had the same problem... which leads me again to believe it must be something with the computer itself...but still i dont understand with the specs of this computer is there any reason that it shouldnt be able to run games at 60fps? i could really use some piece of mind here... any ideas? anyone?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry about the triple post thing... but its basically a brand new computer and the cpu is running at like 1-2% when i checked in the cntrl alt del manager.. there wasnt anything significant running that should be causing slow down... that i could see at least

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Thing

I am having the same problem. I have a Pentium 4 3Ghz processor 1 gig of RAM and a ATI Radeon X700Pro. I'm using Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.8 for video, Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 for sound, and Xeven's Cdr Driver 0.93 for Cdrom. I've just about tried everything above, but still nothing. Anybody have a clue whats going on?

·
Registered
654 Posts
There's really no basis for laughing out loud. I have an ATI X850 card, and use Pete's OGL2 2.8 for almost everything. Works great.

Modern ATI cards have no problem conforming to the OpenGL standard.

However, my settings for FF9 do not use the OGL2 plugin - for this one game, the DX6 Direct3D driver works better. Here's a link to a thread where I posted my settings for FF9. Perhaps it will be of use to some folks here.

http://forums.ngemu.com/plugin-ques...54347-my-best-config-ogl2-ff9.html#post888785

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
darth sephiroth said:
oooohhhhh LOL, sorry for laughing out loud but, you are using a NVIDIA graphics card plugin on an ATI card :D
funny that you should say that, because it is us laughing at you. hey, 2001 called, they want their tech info back. it hasnt been "D3D = ATI, OGL = Nvidia" since the days of the Radeon 7000 and the Nvidia TNT2.

please think before you post, i've clicked on two posts in a row where you posted misinformation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.