Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please email me a FF9 (NTSC) epsxe save state somewhere at the beginning of the game? Either the start screen (where u choose new game or continue) or somewhere at the start of the actual game (zidane meeting up with the guys) will be great. Having some problems getting mine to work. Thanks in advance! :p [email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, the game basically gets stuck right at the beginning and nothing seems to get it to work. same for both the CD and ISO. so i was hoping a save state that brings me forward (pass the squaresoft logo) will help. anyone? thanks ^_^

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Try a different bios. It could also be a problem with your cd drive if that's the same one you used to make the iso. Can you post your config?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FF9 Sound

YES!!! finally got it to work by switching the gamepad to digital only!!! it works great now except for the sound... its weird. i mean most of the time it sounds OK but once in a while there ll be like a hum goin on n on n on. i m usin the internal SPU btw. will it go away if i use Iori's or Andy's plug-in?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Try using Andy's SPU. It appears to do quite well in quite a few games with the latest release (particularly Square's stuff).

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Iori's did the trick for me, too. I have a SBLive and I get nearly perfect sound. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Settings for Andy's n Iori's SPU

alright! thats why i love this forum!! :D
anyways i'm gonna try out andy's SPU now n maybe iori's one later. will report back if there are any more problems (fingers crossed)
one more thing though, what are the recommended settings on both SPUs? must the SPU IRQ hack be enabled? on andy's menu or the main one or both?? how about accurate CDR timing? n lastly are there any other settings i must take note of to play FF9? i mean settings that aren't normally used for most games of course. phew! :confused:
heh once again thx guys! ^_^

ePSXe 1.4
Pete's OGL 1.53
(using "Nice" settings @ 1024x768, OD=2 & FF9 game fix)
Internal SPU
Internal CDR
running an ISO

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I can't recommend anything regarding the SPU-Plugins since I never used Sound. But I can tell you that there aren't other settings you have to make to get FF9 working.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ah yes, I forgot, there is sometimes a problem when saving. The Problem can be fixed by pressing F4 before AND after saving.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
One thing to note about spu pluggins that have the spu irq options is to not enable spu irq in both the pluggin options and epsxe sound options.. Enable spu irq in only the espxe sound options or only in the pluggin config options.. Not in both places as it has been known to cause problems with sounds.. The rest of the options in the pluggins you can read from the readme's that come with them.. I turn everything on except for a few options in iori's pluggin.. Disable real time config, unless you are playing in windowed mode.. I use Andy's spu for Vagrant Story..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts