Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I don't know if this is a problem or not, but I remember when i used to play this game on a Playstation and there would be many screens that pop-up during the game with quotes from the characters. In case you have a hard time remembering, this quote is from Vivi, "How do you prove you exist? Maybe we don't exist..." That was one of the quotes that appeared in the game. I think it might appear when loading the game, I really don't know, but i noticed that there isn't even one of those in the FF9 that I am using. Could there be something wrong with my version of FF9? And where do those screens pop-up?

*also, is there any way to run FMV's without having to play the game? A program maybe?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
are you using a different CD than you used when you played it on PSX...? oO

anyway...i remember everything showing up properly (i finished FF9 on ePSXe). are you sure you are at the right place in the game? if you dont know where the screens pop up (like you said), then how can you be sure they arent showing up :p i remember screens like that but i dont remember when they came up either.

and PSMplay and PSXMC can play FMVs: http://www.zophar.net/utilities/psxutil.html

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I know where they come up, run the game, and wait at the title screen, after waiting a while you'll see them.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
that's weird, i have never tried that before..

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
But actually it's how it always worked in FF9 ^^

·
Registered
332 Posts
as for your second question, try PSMplay which you can get here : http://www.zophar.net/utilities/psxutil.html
PSMPlay is pretty buggy and annoying and buggy and buggy, so you might wanna try another program on that page that does similar things (if there is one, and it might be even worse than psmplay, I don't know..).

edit : psxMC looks like a better one from the description, you should try it instead. I should too.

edit to post below : Oops.. Sorry.. I should read more carefully next time...

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
uh BRILLIANT, i hate to burst your bubble, but i suggested PSMplay and gave that exact link in my first post of this thread :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the reason why I can't see the quotes is probably because I have a "special" version of FF9. I will not discuss this version for several reasons, but some of you might understand what I mean.

·
Banned
76 Posts
you downloaded the rom didn't you? that kinda stuff isn't allowed here, and you know it. why don't you just go out and but the game, it's what $15 max?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Why would pics be removed in 'special' versions of the game? If it's a rip, then usually the things removed are movies and/or music and/or voices.
But yeah, that's against the rules here, and it's quite obvious what you meant by 'special' versions...

·
Banned
76 Posts
KoolGRIM said:
I will not discuss this version for several reasons, but some of you might understand what I mean.
the question is not how many understand, but how many don't. especially after our posts.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
yeah, pretty much what everyone else said...

oh, and if you dont know why, [rules]here[/rules] ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.