·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo all,

I'm using a patched ISO of my FF9 cd, so with the patch it has allowed me to:

View the "Published by square europe" bit,
Then Squaresoft come up, and it plays that video flawlessly
Then on to the main screen, I can select either continue or newgame, when I select new game, the screen fades, then the music fades (like it should) but the screen just stays black!

The vid aint playin at all, cos there's no music u can hear, so it just sits there. And does nuthin.

My Config:

P3 667 mhz, TNT2 M64 Vid card, Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.50 (nice settings), ePSXe SPU core 1.4.0., ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.4.0. (im runnin win2k).

Can anyone help me?

--Vortex--

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Make sure that the mdecs are switched on. Due to an oversight this was left out the config option in the latest version. The easiest way to switch them on is to use epsxecutor. Here's the shot. Switch on the options in the circle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope...

Already goin, it aint an mdec problem cos the squaresoft logo mdec plays, y'know where it goes into the logo, u see that entire video, flawlessly.....

Nemore idea's??

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Hey Betamax,I know you already told me where to find them,but,can you give a direct link to a place where I could download the same shell as you,I can't seem to find it:rolleyes: ,please?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
OK as the nz versions is the same one as the uk one (which is mine) try changing all the settings to the above and what follows. (although someone will probably spot a problem with this config). The game runs fine here with these settings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm.....

Sadly, i'm still gettin the same problem, i appreciate ur help Beta.

This is the NZ version i've patched with the UK patch, but the NZ and UK ones r the same right???

Nemore ideas?

Possibly u could send me a saved game file at the first save?? Just to see if that helps....

Cheers

--Vortex--

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grrr..

I've made another ISO of the Disc, patched again, but still, alas same problem....

Someone out there must have some ideas!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Sorry but no.

Can you post screenshots of your exact ePSXe config?
It would help us(me?)to help you.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
And I'm asking you nicely to stop bumping your thread. People will read it don't worry. Your question hasn't been answered because no one who has read it knows the answer. Just be patient.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yeah,sorry but Adair's right,I just can't see what's wrong,Try to enable SIO Irq before to launc ePSXe or press F4 when it hangs,it might help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Beta, do you use Linux, or you changed your Windows alot :)

Because the skin with mozilla is the one used by KDE ( one of the Linux interface)
Just asking:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts