Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

heh its me again, thanx for your reccent advice on my last post i was able to get past that little set back. unfortunately ive encountered another problem. on the first cd in the town of dali ( roughly 3 hours into playing ) theres a fmv played after you board the airship thats carrying those giant barrels with the alexandria symbol on it. the game plays the first few seconds of the video then hangs.. ive tried it over again with different settings in the video config and on 3 computers but still no cigar.

can you suggest anything?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
use ePSXe 1.5.2, actually no READ THE GODDAMN STICKIES then use ePSXe 1.5.2 after you feel you've been sufficiently shamed.

·
Registered
231 Posts
heres two other places so you dont come back and post later on this:

on disc 3, there is a freeze point at alexandria, just before garnet climbs the tower to summon alexander

and the ending wont work with 1.6.0

we all know these dont work

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
there are random other problems that people have too.

of course, some people have gotten past those points with 1.6.0. can anyone explain it? no. but i can vouch for it, because i played FF9 on 1.6.0 just to see, and i got the three "famous" FF9 freezes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
just a note on the disc 3 problem with the 'alexander' tower:
the second time i played through it on 1.6.0, i let it keep playing.

the music stuttered and the graphics froze for seconds on end, but suddenly, the game continued like normal.

heres a good question:
is there anyone who has managed to get the ending to play properly on 1.6.0?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just finally got around to beating FF9 the other day, and the ending froze for me too on 1.6.0. So I would hazard to guess that the answer is "no, it will not work".

And yes, I did try several video plugins and varied settings to no avail. Just load up a save state in 1.5.2; enjoy the ending; then go back to using 1.6.0. That's my plan.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
i've said this in tons of posts, and i'll say it again, but Raziel beat FF9 using ePSXe 1.6.0.

anyway there is nothing more to be said about 1.6.0 and FF9 that i havent heard a million times, so im closing this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.