Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it may be different from other problems, but when i enter to Cleyra the program shutdown for some kind of error. It is not a program error, because appears the XP windows that says to "Depurate" or exit... something like that. Can you help me? It's Disk 2 of FF9.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i remember reading about this in the help guide. heres a copy-and-paste of what it says about Cleyra. so youre not alone if you have this problem

Q: The entering battle scene just makes ePSXe crash.
A: Disable the "framebuffer read" box in the special game fixes.

Q: The MDecs and sound during them stutter and sound strange.
A: Make sure you didn't enable spu irq in both the epsxe sound options and the spu pluggin configuration. Enable spu irq in only one place. It is preferable to enable spu irq in the sound plugin configuration.

Q: When I try to enter the tornado to get into Cleyra, epsxe gets stuck at a black screen or crashes.
A: See the second question above
simply put, disable the "framebuffer read" box in the special game fixes. it should be under your video plugin settings.
im not certain if thats the proper way to go about it. i hope this is a start.
maybe you could post your specs perhaps?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are my specs, but they aren't so exact:

Processor:
AMD Sempron 2500++
1.75 Ghz, 256 RAM

Video:
NVidia GeForce MX 440 with AGP8X (64 MB)

Audio:
Vinyl AC'97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM)

Windows XP SP2

[Video plugin]
Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.76

[Audio plugin]
P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9

[CD-ROM Plugin]
Pete's CDR ASPI/IOCTL Driver 1.10

And, i'm still with the problem... when it says to check the second question above, is that really the second question? the one who says the audio config thing...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Try turning Advanced blending down to software or none, as your card might not support it. It just adjusts the pallette to make the colors look more like what you would see on a TV screen anyway. Software on this setting can be exceptionally slow.

EDIT: Oh and try setting Framebuffer Textures to 0

·
Registered
232 Posts
my apologies. ignore the MDEC audio question in there.
heres a better solution, taken from the help file:

Q: When I try to enter the tornado to get into Cleyra, epsxe gets stuck at a black screen or crashes.
A: Disable the "framebuffer read" box in the special game fixes.
at least i hope thats what the help file author intended to say

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
The GeForce4 MX supports advanced blending (if it doesn't, it's never caused me errors when turned on when I used that card). It could easily handle that area of the game with the usual settings. If the game is legit then the sound would be my guess (based upon past problems).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, first, the game is a copy from my friends original disc, i mean, it's kind a present that he gave me (the FFIX or Chaos Legions, but the second i already played). Second, about the turning down Advanced blending, i'm not sure on how to do that... can you be more specific please?.

Third, umm... I already said that i don't have framebuffer read activated, in any case, i don't have special game fixes checked either. Finally, the sound seems fine, the only diference is that i checked the boxes of the SPU IRQ on the peOPS window (not in the plugin config window).

In any case, if you can tell me what settings are the best for my vcard, it would be great, because i don't know how it is set in first place.

And, i want to adress that, i was in my friend's house the day we made the copies and, we checked that the images was properly made (he have a program to check it), and we burn them at 4x speed (just in case).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So, you mean that i have to put the framebuffer textures in 0... and the framebuffer access?

EDIT: Oh by the way, i already tried the FB textures in 0, and except for the strange battle beggining, the result is the same:

I enter in Cleyra's tornado, and when i pass all the dialog of Freya saying to persevere into entering Cleyra's Trunk... the screen turns black, and the program exits, for an error... a WinXP error... the ones where there are Buttons like "Send error reports" and "Don' send"... etc.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
I'd try the sound settings then or seeing if using the CD directly will work (or make a new ISO). If you want settings for that card, I can throw out a suggestion but there is no "best" settings. It's all on preferences.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X/AGP/SSE

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 64 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 1
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: on
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00000200] (that's the G4 polygon fix only)

Okay, some things. First of all, your card will handle OpenGL so I'd switch to that over Direct3D. The "screen smoothing" is completely opinionated. It makes things smoother and kind of blends everything together to give it a more natural look, but things will also get less crisp and more blurry, so it's your call. It will slow down immensely but that card can handle it at 640x480. Any higher and it'll slow down. The filtering you may want to play with too. 2 is the closest to the PSX's looks but the background will tile and text boxes will look odd on the edges in Final Fantasy IX. 4 doesn't have that error and tiles a bit less but looks strecthed to me for some reason. 6 is the same without tiling but may slow down on some cards. If you want my advice, just fiddle with some things and see what you like.

As for your error, I've seen it around alot but can't remember the fix. I know a movie is supposed to play at that point (I think, it's somewhere around there). Maybe try searching for old threads to see what you can find.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I enter in Cleyra's tornado, and when i pass all the dialog of Freya saying to persevere into entering Cleyra's Trunk... the screen turns black, and the program exits, for an error... a WinXP error... the ones where there are Buttons like "Send error reports" and "Don' send"... etc.
As for your error, I've seen it around alot but can't remember the fix. I know a movie is supposed to play at that point (I think, it's somewhere around there). Maybe try searching for old threads to see what you can find.
a movie should be playing at that point.
the 3d zidane model is being overlayed onto the movie, but i dont think the movie is a true fmv. otherwise, we would have a problem similar to the dali fmv freeze.

since im on that thought-- are you using ePSXe 1.6.0?
if so, try downloading version 1.5.2.

feel free to correct me if im mistaken

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
This is already a known problem with illegal software.

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52176

Kane-Sama said:
There are normally two reasons for this happening
  1. You are using savestates. Load your most recent memcard save and load up the game via the memcard
  2. You have the illegal pirated Kalisto version platered accross the internet. If that's the case, tough, buy a real copy
EDIT:
I may be wrong after all.
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39822

Avoid using save-states and you will not encounter this problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First of all, i want to thank EVERYONE and i mean, EVERYONE with no exceptions. Well, i could solve the problem, and it was simple.... the disc was not well-burned. I'm really surprised that we haven't seen that error before, but, i already got another copy of the disc, and now I'm in Cleyra Settlement at the game.

To avoid these kind of mistakes, can you give me a tutorial to burn PSX discs correctly with Alcohol 120.

·
Registered
232 Posts
no problem, bro.
not to be a jerk, but the cleyra error is well known, hence why i took from the help file. but it hasnt been posted on here in some time, so kudos to you reviving the topic.

good to know youre moving on with the game
happy gaming---

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh, by the way, you told me something about Kalisto 'thing' the other day, i know is not wise to get from therem but, can u tell me a place to download PSX isos? i mean, if there's a way, of course (my friend have PS2 games, more than PSX)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.