Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
In limbo
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know. This game does run well on ePSXe in 3D and stuff but I would feel better if there was a PC version out. MGS PC was 2-3 years in the making. Square hasn't announced any plans of porting FF9 but I hope they do. Maybe they are in the process right now, I don't know.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I read on a german Gaming Site that Square will *definitely* not release a PC-Version of this awesome game.This site should be taken seriously. It's not a site who spread's rumours if they like to.
For the guys who speak german: it's Gamestar
The posting was some time ago so you'll probably won't find it anymore.
BTW: The same for FF10

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Seeing how long its been I'd say slim to zero. The only hope is if FFXI is so successful on the pc that square decide to release an anthology for the pc with IX and X on it .

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Originally posted by Zell
Well how cares about FF9 on PC ! What really is bad FF X just for PS2 !!
Right. FF9 is emulated fine. No need for a PC-Version.
But I don't think there will be a PS2-Emu soon :( (My PC would be too weak anyway ;))

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Well personaly i think the emulation of a PS2 will only be able in 2 years , becuse of the resorce a game of the PS2 takes , maybe it's better to buy a PS2 (wait 2 months then the price will be really low , about 450 DM. , when not even lower )

·
In limbo
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If only VGS didn't allow itself to be bought out by Sony, I bet a couple of years from now we be having a really decent PS2 emu out. Too bad VGS is *dead*.:(

·
Registered
408 Posts
Um, have you played the other two on PC (FF 7 & 8)? Characters were great looking, the pre-rendered backgrounds lookd like ASS. They look better thru ePSXe...but anyway to answer your Q.

The chances are naught. I e-mailed Square about it a long while ago, as I hadn't purchased the PSX version hoping they'd clean the pre-rendered pics up (8 PC looked better than 7 PC, so maybe...). Their reply was "we currently have no plans to release it on the Windows OS Platform."

In that same e-mail I asked about a sequel to Xenogears (my fav RPG Square made since Chrono Trigger), similar answer....no plans yadda yadda.

·
In limbo
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Lobo
Um, have you played the other two on PC (FF 7 & 8)? Characters were great looking, the pre-rendered backgrounds lookd like ASS. They look better thru ePSXe...but anyway to answer your Q.

The chances are naught. I e-mailed Square about it a long while ago, as I hadn't purchased the PSX version hoping they'd clean the pre-rendered pics up (8 PC looked better than 7 PC, so maybe...). Their reply was "we currently have no plans to release it on the Windows OS Platform."

In that same e-mail I asked about a sequel to Xenogears (my fav RPG Square made since Chrono Trigger), similar answer....no plans yadda yadda.
"CURRENTLY have no plans...", there's a slim ray of light. Remember, Konami didn't originally plan to port MGS to the PC when it was released. They did the port 2-3 years after the game first hit the shelves. But don't get your hopes up.;)

·
The (V)ighty |>uffleHuff
607 Posts
ummm...
did they not just announce a sequel to xenogears?
i think it was at IGN.....

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
They didn't just announce Xenogears' sequels, they've had stuff about the series for a long while. My guess is the sequel to Xenogears will be out after the other titles (first Xenosaga) are out.

·
The (V)ighty |>uffleHuff
607 Posts
rite! xenosaga thats what i was talking about...
if that isnt the sequel what is it?
ive never played xenogears, so im not into deep on this topic, i just remembered hearing about it...

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Xenosaga is the first installment of Xenogears. Xenogears is the sixth (I think?) title in the Xenogears story. Basically it's a prelude to everything.

·
The (V)ighty |>uffleHuff
607 Posts
hey whats up with this new rating thing?
i have been unbelievably bizzy with university for the last little while....

·
The (V)ighty |>uffleHuff
607 Posts
wow...
thats an odd way of making it....
lol its like star wars
someone was a bit arrogant when they first released it....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts