Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
In limbo
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know. This game does run well on ePSXe in 3D and stuff but I would feel better if there was a PC version out. MGS PC was 2-3 years in the making. Square hasn't announced any plans of porting FF9 but I hope they do. Maybe they are in the process right now, I don't know.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I read on a german Gaming Site that Square will *definitely* not release a PC-Version of this awesome game.This site should be taken seriously. It's not a site who spread's rumours if they like to.
For the guys who speak german: it's Gamestar
The posting was some time ago so you'll probably won't find it anymore.
BTW: The same for FF10

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Well personaly i think the emulation of a PS2 will only be able in 2 years , becuse of the resorce a game of the PS2 takes , maybe it's better to buy a PS2 (wait 2 months then the price will be really low , about 450 DM. , when not even lower )

·
Registered
408 Posts
Um, have you played the other two on PC (FF 7 & 8)? Characters were great looking, the pre-rendered backgrounds lookd like ASS. They look better thru ePSXe...but anyway to answer your Q.

The chances are naught. I e-mailed Square about it a long while ago, as I hadn't purchased the PSX version hoping they'd clean the pre-rendered pics up (8 PC looked better than 7 PC, so maybe...). Their reply was "we currently have no plans to release it on the Windows OS Platform."

In that same e-mail I asked about a sequel to Xenogears (my fav RPG Square made since Chrono Trigger), similar answer....no plans yadda yadda.

·
In limbo
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Lobo
Um, have you played the other two on PC (FF 7 & 8)? Characters were great looking, the pre-rendered backgrounds lookd like ASS. They look better thru ePSXe...but anyway to answer your Q.

The chances are naught. I e-mailed Square about it a long while ago, as I hadn't purchased the PSX version hoping they'd clean the pre-rendered pics up (8 PC looked better than 7 PC, so maybe...). Their reply was "we currently have no plans to release it on the Windows OS Platform."

In that same e-mail I asked about a sequel to Xenogears (my fav RPG Square made since Chrono Trigger), similar answer....no plans yadda yadda.
"CURRENTLY have no plans...", there's a slim ray of light. Remember, Konami didn't originally plan to port MGS to the PC when it was released. They did the port 2-3 years after the game first hit the shelves. But don't get your hopes up.;)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
They didn't just announce Xenogears' sequels, they've had stuff about the series for a long while. My guess is the sequel to Xenogears will be out after the other titles (first Xenosaga) are out.

·
The (V)ighty |>uffleHuff
607 Posts
rite! xenosaga thats what i was talking about...
if that isnt the sequel what is it?
ive never played xenogears, so im not into deep on this topic, i just remembered hearing about it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.