Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got Final Fantasy 9 PAL-UK version, and a busted PS. I've therefor tried to make the game work on my computer. Is there ANYBODY who have managed to do that ? If there is please reply. I've tried nearly every emulator there is, but no one is able to make the game run at all !

If there's nobody who can make the game run, why don't Paradox or anybody else who is able to for that matter, make a patch (PPF) or something for the game ? Is the PAL-UK version really that hard to patch ?They've managed to patch all the other versions...

C

·
0 Posts
The PAL UK version of FF9 seems to have the same protection as the other PAL revisions, but only the protection is inserted countless times, making it tedious to crack, and since there's already an english version out, most release groups don't see any reason to create a patch for such a game..

The only way you'll be able to play your copy of FF9 PAL UK without a PS/PS2 is by waiting until one of the current emulation teams are able to emulate the protection.. As far as I know, the ePSXe, AdriPSX, and FPSE team(s) are interested in the protection (LibCrypt), and are attempting to work it out, but it could be a very long time before anything happens, so don't get your hopes up...

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
like me, u can try to get a USA copy and patch it to run PAL. Use ppf maker and ppf applyer to respectively make and apply the region pathc.
Well, that worked 4 me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No prob...

Guess I'll just have to order the NTSC then...

Nice quote by the way... (Lord of the rings)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah... agreed.. that movie and Final Fantasy: The movie is gonna kick-ass !

I have already seen the old version... pretty well made for being so old...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts