Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got FF9 working with petes newest plugins and the patch. The game works fine but there are still some minor problems. After a period of time the game nearly stops, for 30 seconds or so but then continues normally. But sometimes it crashes, which is very annoying because all saves made before without quitting and reentering epsxe are lost. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Or is there anybody which doesn't have this problem and can tell me his/her configuration?

Secondly I have those "graphic bugs" which are normal in psx games. I don't know how to say that, ehm, the graphics "move" (look at the characters, I hope you know what I mean). Anyway, is there a way to get the graphics "normal"? I think it's not possible because it IS NORMAL for psx games but if there is a way to get them cleaner within epsxe, please tell me.

I also wanted to know, if it's possible to play the game without patch. I own the original psx cds but it doesn't work.

Hope you can help me.

Edit: I use a patched iso/image. Don't know how to get it working with patch and cds. Perhaps thats the problem for those crashes. Can you tell me how to get it working with the original cds?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great news

Update: I found out that when I turn off the sound the game doesn't crash anymore! :) So I decided to use an other plugin and not petes direct sound 1.12. I tried out the old midas plugin 1.7 but the sound was crappy. So I tried null's sound plugin 1.35 and it works! :yawn:

The only downside is that the music in the videos is crappy. Anyone knows what to do? Also I don't really understand the configuration menu from null's plugin. Could anyone help me?

And a last question: How can I play FF9 from CD (original)? I only know how it works with an iso so I wanna know if there's another possibility.

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
I think the sound issue can be fixed with the Enable SPU IRQ option. If you enable it inside the plugin config(available in some plugins like Eternal, Iori and Andy), disable it outside the plugin(in epsxe main sound config window). Or vice-versa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.