Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! This is my first post here, been playing Final Fantasy 9 for a couple of weeks, but I have been using Petes OpenGL plugin. Downside to this is my main video card is an ATI XXPERT 128, and it is a crappy card. But my voodoo 2 runs with lewpy's glide at a constant 60 fps. DOwnside to this I cannot get the text to appear in the menu of the battles. Anyone know how to fix this??? All help is greatly appreiciated.

-Zaxx

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Next time be sure to use the search feature of this board as this question has been adressed many times. You have to set Offscreen drawing to something higher than the default (Extra or Extra+FBR should do). If this does not fix it, use the search and you will be sure to find it. Btw, have fun!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the respone,

i do have the offscreen drawing set higher as this was an original problem i had with the pete plugin, i also have tried to search and have not found anything exact that helps yet. But i read through the online help for lewpy's and i am going to try the experimental flipping, think this is all it is??

-Zaxx

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Experimental flipping sure helps. But, have you tried running pete's d3d and selected the voodoo2 card on the devices list?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help Lewpy, and thanks for the awsome GPU. Now that I changed that setting FF9 works perfect, and it has yet to slow down on me.

-Zaxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts